Nintendo Switch Online Companion App Already At 5 Million Downloads

It has only been a week and the subscribers of Nintendo Switch Online seemingly have downloaded the mobile companion app over five million times.

It has only been over a week since its launch and the subscribers of Nintendo Switch Online service seemingly have downloaded the mobile companion app over five million times.

These numbers for Nintendo Switch Online companion app come from analyst firm, Sensor Tower. Based on their analysis, this number represents one-quarter of the Nintendo Switch’s global install base.

Talking about Switch’s global install base, it is 20 million and growing. Not only that, the app was mostly downloaded by the users in the US And Japan.

Japan’s portion of this number covers over 30 percent with the US covering 33 percent. Apart from that more than half of the Nintendo Switch Online app install base stems from Andriod device users at 60% while the rest of the 40% is installed on iOS devices.

However, it is not much of a surprise given the fact that it is mandatory to get this app if you want to go online and compete in games like Splatoon 2 or Mario Tennis Aces.

Having said that not everything has been flowing smoothly since Nintendo Switch Online became active. Users have been facing issues on various levels but as always Nintendo has kept a strong grip on them.

As I mentioned above the Nintendo Switch Online brings cloud saves to the hybrid console. However, initially, Nintendo gave the impression that those users who will not renew their subscription will see their cloud saves wiped instantly.

However, Nintendo has clarified that users will be able to recover their cloud saves if they fail to renew their subscription of Nintendo Switch Online but, users will only have 6 months to do so.

If a Nintendo Switch Online membership expires, users won’t be able to access their Save Data Cloud backups. However, Nintendo will allow users who resubscribe within 180 days to access their previous Save Data Cloud backups.

Nintendo Switch is a hybrid console from Nintendo that combines the portability of a handheld and experience of a home console. This hybrid console has a huge success for Nintendo and keeps on surprising everyone with its sales.