To celebrate Borderland’s 10 year anniversary, Gearbox has launched a 5-week celebration in which each week will feature a unique event. The previous week was all about Bonus Boss Loot, but this week in Borderlands 3, week 2 of the celebration, is the Rare Spawn Hunt week. Grab your weapons, select your builds and get ready to go on the hunt with the help of our locations guide for all the Borderlands 3 Rare Spawn.
Borderlands 3 Rare Spawn Hunt Locations
For those of you who are unaware, Rare Spawns are difficult-to-locate enemies that drop rare and legendary loot when beaten. They’re a part of the main game but, for this week only, they’ll be in greater numbers and far easier to locate. In other words, this is absolutely the best opportunity for players to get their hands on legendary loot!
This guide is here to list all the locations that Rare Spawns WILL appear, the likelihood of them dropping legendary loot doesn’t change but with the number of Rare Spawns you are likely to hunt down with the aid of this guide, the chances of you getting such loot is going to skyrocket.
- Location: Carnivora; inside a cave in the main diving area.
- Loot: Night Flyer and a Legendary Pistol.
El Dragon Jr.
- Location: Jakob’s Estate – By the Eridian writing near the beginning.
- Loot: Unleash the Dragon, and a Legendary Artifact.
- Location: Splinterlands – between the two main areas, in the bandit’s camp.
- Loot: Redline, and a Legendary Shotgun.
- Location: Floodmoor Basin – near where you can find the Crimson Radio.
- Loot: Random Customization.
- Location: Atlas HQ – On the top floor, by the Typhon Log.
- Loot: Random Legendary Class Mods.
- Location: Droughts – head northwest from the fast travel point.
- Loot: Random Legendary Shield.
- Location: Ambermire – In the bandit camp; head east from where you found the Typhon and Eridian Script.
- Loot: Band of Sytorak, and a Legendary Shield.
Thunk and Sloth
- Location: Konrad’s Hold – In the southern area, between the Typhon Log and the vending machines.
- Loot: It’s Piss, and a Legendary Grenade Mod.
- Location: Voracious Canopy – towards the end of the ship, just before the boss.
- Loot: The Horizon, and a Legendary Shotgun.
- Location: Meridian Outskirts – take an elevator to reach the bandit camp on the west side.
- Loot: Psycho Stabber, and a Legendary Pistol.
Princess Tarantella II
- Location: Splinterlands – In the Western Bug desert area.
- Loot: Hive, and a Legendary Rocket Launcher.
Mother of Grogans
- Location: The Anvil – an area in the sewers called ‘West of Gross’.
- Loot: Random Legendary Artifacts.
- Location: Ambermire – go through the Jabber area. You’re looking for a Tink, not a Jabber.
- Loot: Random, Legendary Grenade Mod.
- Location: Lectra City – in the subway.
- Loot: Masterwork Crossbow, and a Legendary Sniper Rifle.
And that’s it! A total of 14 Rare Spawns for you to hunt down all across the map, and hopefully get your hands on all those goodies mentioned above!
Best Rare Spawn locations to farm
If you are looking to grind out the best gear, the following Rare Spawn locations with most useful drops to maximize your time grinding for:
- Princess Tarantella II
- Force Troopers
- Red Jabber
- Road Dog
- Mother of Grogans
Guns, Love and Tentacles DLC Rare Spawn Locations
DLC #2 Guns, Love and Tentacles has 4 Rare Spawns that you can’t really miss very easily. You can easily locate these spawns in free roam even after the plot and if somehow the enemy does not show up, just quit to the main menu to reload.
These Spawns are necessary if you are looking to earn A Hunter, Through and Through trophy.
Location: Negul Neshai – will be in the area next to the big cannon that you shoot in the story.
Shiverous the Unscathed
Location: Negul Neshai – will be in the sky and will be a Fly Dragon.
Location: The Cankerwood – On a plateau next to an ECHO Log.
Location: Cursehaven – Lantern’s Hook
The first two appear pretty frequently, and the latter two can take 10-20 reloads towards the end