A re-release of Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain will be announced at Gamescom 2019 by Konami, according to a new rumor. Of course, the rumor should be taken with a grain of salt because there’s no credibility of the source.
According to the leak, the re-release version of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain is called Metal Gear Solid 5: Demon Edition. The main intention of the launch is to gain back the interest of the Western public after the horrible Metal Gear Survive.
Furthermore, Metal Gear Solid 5: Demon Edition will be lead by Tomokazu Fukushima (writer of Metal Gear Solid). Besides Fukushima, the development team consists of many Metal Gear veterans who also worked on Portable Ops and Ghost Babel.
Moreover, the leak mentions that the game reuses everything of the basic game but restructures and recontextualizes the plot and scenes. As for the story, it is completely changed. The story has approximately three hours of completely new scenes including some of the old scenes with extreme editing. Moreover, Ground Zeroes will be a part of Metal Gear Solid 5: Demon Edition.
With that said, here’s a summary of other things mentioned in the leak, via ResetEra.
- The game is intended to stomp out Kojima”s vision of the series (despite the rendition being built on a lot of unused concepts Hideo discarded).
- You get to bring generic Diamond Dog soldiers with you on missions, they act as expendable buddies. (And can be perma killed)
- D.D, D.Horse, and D.Walker are in unchanged.
- Entirely new buddies include Battle Gear, which was previously cut from the game. Basically the Zeke building segment of Peace Walker…with the addition of being able to drive it (deploying cost a lot though). And Red. (Chico as he was supposed to be in Phantom Pain. Is also a midgame boss.)
- Only characters consist to their PP portrayal are Kaz (whose still an angry prick with the same role) and Huey (whose still a treasonous bastard) Ocelot and Skullface might as well be two completely different characters. Code Talker has been cut.
- The game is being billed as a “game as a service”. The reworked Kingdom of the Flies is a pre-order bonus, and they’ll be addition sub narratives as DLC. The only way really the higher-ups greenlighted the project in the first place.
In the end, the leak mentions that Metal Gear Solid 5: Demon Edition release date is set for December 2020. And Konami will also release a vanilla version of Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain on Nintendo Switch.
To find out if the rumor is true or not, we will have to wait until Gamescom 2019. Gamescom 2019 will start on August 20, 2019, and will end on Aug 24, 2019. We will make sure to let you know first when Metal Gear Solid 5: Demon Edition is announced by Konami.