Blizzard Entertainment is in no mood to talk about the next Diablo game. However, a report has emerged revealing that Blizzard is working on Diablo 4 that will be open-world and launch for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlet.
The report comes from a Reddit user noting that his friend has connections with Blizzard Entertainment and has revealed a ton of details about the next Diablo game.
According the report, the Diablo 4 is going to be completely open-world. The world will be fluid without loading screen just like World of Warcraft and Assassin’s Creed.
Blizzard internally has two names for the game, Diablo 4 or Diablo: World of Sanctuary. Furthermore, it will is not single-player only and features multiplayer with multiple playable classes. Furthermore, the game will play like an isometric MMO.
- The next Diablo game is going to be fully Open World. All physically fluid in and out like World of Warcraft/Fallout/Assassin’s Creed Oddysey etc..
- It’s a sequel, Internally there are 2 names that they’ve been bouncing back and forth. Diablo 4 or Diablo: World of Sanctuary. Chance are most likely they’ll stick with Diablo 4 for consistency.
- It is NOT a single player only like the 4chan leak was suggesting and it has multiplayer and multiple classes. Class systems and multiplayer core parts of what makes a Diablo game.
- It will be played in an isometric view and most importantly it’s an isometric MMO. So basically, think of the games like Lineage Eternal or Lost Ark but done by Blizzard and is in the Diablo universe.
The leaks suggest that the next Diablo game will feature complete player freedom. The freedom includes doing whatever quest or activity the player wants to do. The game also features PvP and features a brand new Game Engine.
Also, the theme of Diablo 4 will be darker than Diablo 3. However, it won’t venture into the “ultra-realistic” territory.
- You can go anywhere and do anything whether that’d be quests, dungeons, slaying random mobs or even PvP among many other cool activities.
- There is a mainline quest line with the main plot that can be played solo with friends and other random people. However, there are no separate acts. The world is giant and free. Most of your time though you’ll be spending time on side activities.
- There is PvP, but I don’t know exact details how it works.
- You can see and meet other people in towns and regions.
- I am not sure what the server capacity is or how many people a town or a zone/region can hold.
- It’s running on a brand new engine that looks very modern and clean. (I think this is obvious anyway)
- The game is a lot darker than Diablo 3 but still stylized. Not ultra-realistic, but dark enough. Think of Dark Souls artstyle but a tad less realistic. But yet close enough. It’s hard to describe without seeing.
- I have no details in regards to some of the more core important stuff such as loot system (arguably the most important), how stats work, how many levels there are and what the endgame is like.
Furthermore, Diablo 4 will be treated as a live-service similar to World of Warcraft and the likes. The next Diablo game will feature classic classes including Barbarian, Sorceress, and Amazon.
The leak further reveals that Diablo 4 is coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlet making it a next-gen Diablo game.
It seems that Blizzard Entertainment is making a lot of changes to the next Diablo game or Diablo 4. It will be interesting to see what Blizzard actually brings.