We heard that Rocksteady could be working on the new Harry Potter game. That does not seem to be the case. According to new information, Rocksteady is working on a 2019 Batman Arkham game and that this will be the last one in the series.
The following are all the details regarding the 2019 Batman Arkham game that we know of so far:
- Title: DC’s Arkham Universe
- Release Date: Fall 2019
- Current Gen: XB1/1X/PS4/PS4Pro/PC
- Single player/Co-op/Multiplayer(specific modes)
- Characters include the entire Batfamily: Batman, Robin(Tim), Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Catwoman, Red Hood
- Gotham is about 1.5x the size of AK. Districts and neighborhoods have gone through a complete overhaul.
- Gotham is now a “living, breathing city”
- Set Time of Day/Weather(Rain, Overcast, Snow)
- There are random crimes such as car chases, bank robberies, muggings, and so forth.
- Main Villain: Court of Owls
- The story takes inspiration from the different Court of Owls storylines.
- Every character is available in free roam.
- Batman has a redesigned Batmobile(transport only) and the other characters have their cycles
- Batcave serves as the main hub for upgrades, character swaps, new missions, game modes
- The game plays similar to past Arkham games, but there are new options for co-op: Dual takedowns in combat/stealth.
- Stealth segments make you work together
- Parkour has been expanded. Characters move a lot quicker and more fluid.
- Main gadgets are the same except for a couple new additions.
- New enemy types include Talons and Pilots(enemies that hover the battlefield, you have to either use a gadget or dual takedown to get them down)
- Talons are the same as the ninja types from Arkham Knight. They can counter your counters and also have their own gadgets(knife, throwing knife)
- The game takes place in the Arkhamverse, obviously
- This is supposed to be Rocksteady’s true “last hoorah” of Batman games.
Keep in mind that at this point in time this is more of a rumor. There is no official response from the developer so you should wait and see what RockSteady has to say before taking this information to heart.
Let us know what you think about Rocksteady making a 2019 Batman Arkham game and whether or not you would be willing to give it a go when it comes out.