This Monster Hunter: World Earth Crystals Farming Guide will help you extract Earth Crystals from the world of Monster Hunter: World so to enhance your gear and weapons as a hunter.
This will ensure you are able to take down monsters easier with more damaging weapons and gear that can sustain more damage. Our Monster Hunter: World Earth Crystals Guide will help you find various ways to do so.
Monster Hunter: World Earth Crystals Farming
Most of the weapons will require Earth Crystal for them to be upgraded to level 2 and beyond. These are crystals blue in color.
Although most resources may be gathered from killing monsters, some are just to be collected via the environment while exploration.
Since these can be rare to find, especially as loot drops, we have compiled some ways which may help you get these resources with a little bit of grinding and farming.
Farming Earth Crystals
Earth Crystals, unlike many other resources, can be found via three methods: completing quests, from the environment, and from hunting down monsters. The most common way remains mining nodes in Wildspire Waste.
As reported by many fans, Area 6 of this region has the most Earth Crystals deposits. Once here, explore the area thoroughly and then farm it by exiting the zone and coming back again so to see them respawn.
Other areas within Wildspire Waste are also plentiful in these materials. Level 1, Area 13 in the top right of the map also holds some.
If you want to go something a little more exciting and less boring, you can attempt some quests which will reward you with this resource. Quests which are likely to give out Earth Crystals as rewards are listed below:
- The Best Kind Of Quest: There’s a 20% Chance of Getting the Desired Reward
- Sinister Shadows in the Swamp: 20% Chance for Earth Crystals
- Mired In the Spire: Has a 20% Chance of Giving Out the Resource
- The Piscine Problem: 20% Chance for Obtaining the Resource
- Landing the Landslide: 20% Chance for Obtaining the Resource
- Horned Tyrant below the Sands: 12% Chance for Getting 2 Earth Crystals
- Twin Spires upon the Sands: 12% Chance for Getting 2 Earth Crystals
- Royal Relocation: 11% for Obtaining an Earth Crystal
- The Great Glutton: 7% Chance of Getting 2 Earth Crystals
- Camp Crasher: 7% Chance for Getting 2 Earth Crystals
- The Pain from Gains: 7% Chance for Getting 2 Earth Crystals
- Exterminator of the Waste: 7% Chance for Getting 2 Earth Crystals
- Prickly Predicament: 7% Chance for Getting 2 Earth Crystals
- Gettin’ Yolked In the Wastes: 7% Chance for Getting 2 Earth Crystals
Uses of Earth Crystals
In addition to be used in a wide variety of weapons to upgrade them, they are also used for the same purpose of making armor and jewels more effective.
Some of the weapon choices that require quite a lot of Earth Crystals include the Blacksteel weapon series: Longsword, Hammer, Dragonhorn, Gunlance, Cannon, and Bow; all requiring 10 Earth Crystals.
Other weapons will require from 2 to 6 of these to get upgraded. For armor, Alloy Vambraces Alpha & Beta requires the most of these at 4 Earth Crystals while others will generally require around 2 of the resource.
Jewels can also be empowered with the material e.g. Water and Blaze Charm at level 2 can lead to an elemental advantage if 6 Earth Crystals are used. Poison Charm requires 4 while other Augmentations will require up to 2 Earth Crystals max.
This is all we have in our Monster Hunter: World Earth Crystals Farming Guide. If there is anything else that you would like to add, let us know in the comments section below!