Monetization is a big part of online games so finding the right balance is important. You do not want a Battlefront 2 like disaster on your hands as a publisher. To make sure they find the correct model for The Division 2, Ubisoft is hiring a monetization designer.
The Division nailed the balance when it comes to in-game microtransactions and add-on content. There were a few bumps along the way but Ubisoft managed to use feedback to make changes. Now, The Division 2 is heading our way later this year and we hope to see even better monetization model.
We are a passionate team looking for a collaborative, driven, and proactive MTX Designer. The MTX Designer works within the core design team, collaborating with the other designers, production and programming teams, live operational teams and game analysts to ensure elegant, fair and non-disruptive monetization design. The MTX Designer also works in partnership with the business operations manager and business intelligence analysts.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- At the direction of your team lead; implement and design monetization related features and content
- Working together with other developers to take game concepts and design from vision to shipping quality
- Ensuring the highest level of usability, playability, and craft in everything you own
- Coordinating closely with production and other departments to meet project goals
- Be the champion of a fair and modern, player-first monetization vision
- Collaborating with business operations manager to ensure business needs are considered in the design
- Collaborating with the analytics team to identify and implement monetization tracking/reporting needs
- Fostering a culture of open and honest feedback
The Division 2 will release later this year, hopefully, on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Ubisoft is yet to announce a release window for the game but expect details at E3 2018.