Cyberpunk 2077 Will Feature Combat Encounters “That Thrill and Excite”
Cyberpunk 2077 is going to feature thrilling combat encounters, according to a job listing from CD Projekt RED. The company is currently looking for a combat designer to help create exciting combat encounters for the upcoming CD Projekt RED.
The company took to its official website to post the following job ad:
We are looking for a talented Combat Designer who will join our Warsaw team in creating and balancing all combat encounters within Cyberpunk 2077. This person will take ownership of delivering memorable combat encounters, that thrill and excite our players.
The person will be working with the quest designer to help create amazing and detailed combat situations. Open world designer, Level Designers, and Environment Artists will also be working with the combat designer. Other responsibilities are:
- Take encounter “shells” delivered by other teams and using our proprietary visual scripting language; script combat AI and flow, memorable moments/set pieces and companion AI.
- Working with Level Designers and Environmental Artists, ensure level geometry serves the needs of the combat encounter.
- Work with AI Designers and AI Programmers to ensure you have the necessary control over AI to script both stealth and action based encounters.
- Dedicate yourself to understanding all player verbs, allowing yourself to craft divergent experiences that cater to all available playstyles.
- Help define combat scripting standards and ensure consistency in implementation across the project.
Working with Gameplay Designers, proactively suggest improvements to core combat systems and principles.
Cyberpunk 2077 is expected to feature over 60 hours of story content and that is apart from the side quests we will get to have. Creating exhilarating combat encounters is crucial for the game in order to keep the players engaged for so many hours.
Extra focus is being placed on animations as well as stunning graphics quality.
Cyberpunk 2077 is releasing on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, hopefully, sometime next year.