Need For Speed: Payback Progression System Has Been Tweaked, More Changes Coming
Need For Speed: Payback launched last week with mixed reviews which were given it to partly for its progression system which features Speed Cards to upgrade your ride and encourages microtransactions, however, Need For Speed: Payback progression system has been tweaked.
Need For Speed: Payback Progression system has been tweaked with the latest patch, the main change is the amount of Rep and Bank yield has been increased in various events. According to the devs, this is the phase one of the changes that coming to the game.
- Increased the amount of REP awarded by taking part in events.
- Increased the amount of Bank awarded by taking part in events.
- Bait crates now reward increased REP.
- Bait crates now reward increased Bank.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased REP.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased Bank.
- Air Suspension will now appear more frequently within Shipments.
- Slightly increased REP and Bank for finishing an event outside of first place.
Ghost Games has assured that the studio has “further tweaks coming” to Need For Speed: Payback. According to the studio, these changes will be based on the community feedback and players’ in-game data.
This comes shortly after EA decided to temporarily remove microtransactions from Star Wars Battlefront 2 due to a huge backlash from the community.
“We hear you loud and clear, so we’re turning off all in-game purchases,” general manager of DICE, Oskar Gabrielson, stated. “We will now spend more time listening, adjusting, balancing and tuning.
We have created a game that is built on your input, and it will continue to evolve and grow. We want you to enjoy it, so please keep your thoughts coming. And we will keep you updated on our progress.”
Need for Speed: Payback is an open-world arcade racing game developed by Ghost Games for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.