Square Enix has been supporting Final Fantasy XV with free content, updates and just recently devs released Final Fantasy XV Episode Gladiolus DLC for the game. Now, Square Enix has announced that next Final Fantasy XV update will drop on April 27, which will bring new features and content.
According to to the patch notes(via Gematsu), the most notable feature this upcoming Final Fantasy XV Update will bring is the stable mode for PS4 Pro, however, not much has been revealed what this mode will do for the game. The update also brings timed quests and completing these will also reward you new weapons. The update will also bring new music, stickers for the car, and adjustable menus.
- New “Stable Mode” added to the PlayStation 4 Pro resolution options. With this mode, you can comfortably enjoy playing the game with a stable frame rate.
- Subtitles, as well as some menu screen text sizes have been enlarged.
- Timed Quests will start up again, and a new ranking feature has been added. You can get a wonderful weapon as an initial reward.
- New car stickers added for Regalia customization.
- New songs added to the music player.
While Square Enix has planned DLCs for all three Noctis’ companions and Episode Gladiolus is already out, but according to the devs, they might also release a DLC featuring Ardyn Izunia, the chancellor of Niflheim. In a recent interview game director, Hajime Tabata, was asked if there were any plans to explore Ardyn’s past in the game, to this he responded that they do have plans.
Square Enix is also working on Final Fantasy VII remake exclusively for PS4 and devs have been revealing new details about the game. According to game director Tetsuya Nomura, Final Fantasy VII will feature destructible environments and added that there are part-based destruction elements in the game.
Final Fantasy XV is an open-world action adventure game developed by Square Enix for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.