Ace Combat is one of the longest running franchises in the game industry and fans are excited for Ace Combat 7. During PlayStation Experience, Bandai Namco revealed the trailer for the upcoming game and now key developers has shared some new details about the game.
These new details come from this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine(via Siliconera). According to devs, they wanted to make a slight portion of a game to be playable in the PSVR but there were some complications with it so they are developing separately for PSVR.
The developers further added that Ace Combat 7 will take place 10 years after the events of Ace Combat 5. Also, the game will be much closer to Ace Combat 5 is terms of visuals and will feel like Ace Combat 4.
Here are the highlights from the interview:
- We originally had plans to lightly make a PSVR mode for the main game, but that was a bit of a miscalculation [laughs]. The main game and the PSVR content are being developed on two completely different lines.
- Aya Tamaki (Summer Lesson co-producer) is working as an assistant producer. After plenty of trial-and-error, a year went by like nothing.
- The scenario will be visually closer to Ace Combat 5, but it’ll give you more of an Ace Combat 04 taste.
- Ace Combat 04 is told from the perspective of a young man, Ace Combat 5 is basically like road movie that revolves around the player character. Ace Combat 7’s scenario will be told through the perspectives of many characters.
- “Comparison” is a big theme you’ll see in various ways in Ace Combat 7.
- Manned vs. unmanned aircrafts, veteran pilots vs. the player, and so on. The appearance of the F-104 will also have a significant meaning in the story.
- The story follows Ace Combat 04 and Ace Combat 5 (about 10 years after the events of Ace Combat 5). There are some elements that will make fans of Ace Combat 5 happy to see in the new game. And of course it’ll be just as fine for those who’ve yet to play any Ace Combat games.
- The story will properly give explanations for things such as places that appeared in previous games of the series. We want people who aren’t familiar with fighter jets to try it out and find an interest in them.
Ace Combat 7 is an action combat flight game in development at Project Aces and will launch sometime in 2017 exclusively for PlayStation 4.