Darksiders 2 Errors, Crashes, Stuttering, Freezes and Fixes
Darksiders 2 has just got released on PC, and fans are dying to play the much-anticipated title. It has been released on the same day as for Xbox 360 and PS3 (which usually does not happen), and since it’s a big title, you might have to wait for a patch to fix the launch issues you might have come across while playing it on PC.
They may be minor issues now, but are a pain in the ass, when they pop-up every now and then. If you are experiencing these annoying issues, refer to our workarounds below!
#1 Can’t Launch Darksiders 2
If you can’t launch the game, make sure that you have the following things up-to-date:
- Graphic Card Drivers
- Audio Drivers
- Directx Drivers
- Windows .Net Framework Drivers The DirectX and .Net Framework work drivers can be found within the install of your Darksiders II
- Also make sure that you have installed both dxwebsetup.exe & vcredist_x86.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Darksiders 2.
#2 Graphics Broken in Darksiders 2/Bad Rendering
This issue is being faced by a lot of ATI users and if you are one of them, you can try out the following:
- Update your Graphics driver or roll back to any previous stable version.
- Make sure that you have installed both dxwebsetup.exe & vcredist_x86.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Darksiders 2 folder.
If the problem persists, you can contact support or wait for any official update from the developer.
#3 PC Resolution Not Being Saved in Darksiders 2
If your resolution is reverted every time you launch the game, following workaround might help:
- Change the in-game resolution
- Exit the game
- Exit Steam and re-launch it
- Start the game again and see if the resolutions settings have been saved.
#4 Darksiders 2 Stuck at Loading
For the first time, it may take longer to load the game. You need to wait till it loads up. Then, head to THQ.com and make yourself an account. Enter the relevant information in the game and it shouldn’t happen again.
#5 Darksiders 2 Stuttering Problem
To fix the issue, you need to force Vsync through your Graphic card’s control panel options. If you are having hard time in forcing Vsync, you can try out D3DOverrider tool to do that.
#6 Darksiders 2 Fix for Freezing/Crashes
It seems like if you disable/unplug your internet, many freezing/crash problems are resolved. If nothing else works for you, it’s really worth of a shot.
#7 The Sun Keeps on Flashing – Glitch
It’s not a major issue you should be worried about. Just restart your PC or give it some rest and see if the annoying light goes away.
#8 Can’t Activate the Reaper Form
There are two things; first you need to be at certain level before you can activate the reaper and if it’s still not working, try mapping any other key for it.
#9 My CPU gets overheated/restarted during the game
It may well be due to GfX overheating based on the fact that your GPU might be trying to run the game on more than 60. You can do the following to fix the issue:
- Force Vsync on through the gfx control panel
- Apply a 60 FPS cap using afterburner or nVidia control panel
If you have come across anything that isn’t listed here, let us know in the comments and we will try to help you out!