In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Rockstar Games Hiring for an “Ambitious” Open World Game
Rockstar Games is hiring for a new open world project. The studio is looking for an “Environment Terrain Artist.” This artist will be responsible “for creating exciting and believable artwork, building and texturing environment assets for the biggest and best open world environments in the industry.”
Rockstar wants this “Environment Terrain Artist” concept and creation of assets that are both original and yet still keep a look and feel of their specific real-world references.
- Sculpting, modeling and texturing terrain for next-gen game environments.
- Work within the map department specialising in landscape terrain art.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist and Creative Directors.
- Ensuring artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
Rockstar Games did not mention which project they are referring to. However, the mention of different terrains and landscapes takes your mind to Red Dead.
Red Dead Redemption was released a few years back and now that GTA V is fading out, Rockstar needs to release something new. Speculations and rumors have been available in abundance yet nothing official is revealed. Red Dead 3 or Red Dead Redemption 2 is expected to be the next Rockstar blockbuster.
Rockstar is known for taking its time with projects and not rushing its games. So it may take more time for the studio to bring forth its latest project. Red Dead 3 was rumored to be at E3 2016 but we were once again left disappointed.
This new job listing once again fueled speculations of what Rockstar is working on.
Do you think Rockstar Games will announce Red Dead 3 this year?