You’re Not Going to Like Oculus Rift Terms of Service
Unfortunately, there are some shady points in the terms of service agreement for Oculus Rift that may need to be revisited and adjusted. For instance, Oculus Rift Terms of Service says that devs will surrender their right to object if Oculus uses their content for marketing, or any other purpose.
The company won’t pay you a dime and you can’t object to it.
By submitting User Content through the Services, you grant Oculus a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual (i.e. lasting forever), non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free and fully sublicensable (i.e. we can grant this right to others) right to use, copy, display, store, adapt, publicly perform and distribute such User Content in connection with the Services. You irrevocably consent to any and all acts or omissions by us or persons authorized by us that may infringe any moral right (or analogous right) in your User Content.
Moreover, Oculus can gather data from you while you’re using the device.
- Information You Give Us. We collect the information you give us when using our Services. For example:
- When you register to use our Services, we ask for information such as your name, email address, phone number, and date of birth.
- You will have the ability to add information to your profile after registration.
- If you buy something on or through our Services, we collect information about the transaction. This can include your payment information, purchase activity, and shipping and contact details.
- When you post, share or communicate with other Oculus users on our Services, we receive and store those communications and information associated with them, such as the date a post was created.
- When you communicate with Oculus, you provide us with information like your email address.
- When you use our Services, you may have the option of submitting information about your physical features and dimensions.
The information they collect can be used to directly market products to you. The device can track your movements, your body shape, and your location.