The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Doom Alpha Datamined; New Info on Maps, Characters, Difficulty Levels
Mr.Dope from Doomworld forum has dug deep into the Doom Alpha and has brought us some new information. We have details on maps, characters, difficulty, enemies and much more.
Keep in mind that the following information may contain spoilers.
- There’s some info about a character related to some NPC called Olivia. Maybe this is related to the crazy lady from the last Game Informer Article (the one who unleashed the demons in a sort of satanic cult thing).
- THE SPIDER MASTERMIND/SPIDERDEMON is present
- The same for the Archvile
- AI and tags for the Cyberdemon
- MP maps names
- Some info about Marines fighting the UAC personnel (MP factions maybe?)
- Difficulty levels, named after the originals from DOOM/DOOM 2.
- Something about an Aqua and a Hell Marine (NPCs? Armors? Upgrades?)
- Two new zombies, one “called” Kent and a scientist
- The name “Zion” is present in almost every code line, maybe was the original name for the project or it’s related to the cancelled DOOM game (AKA Call of Doom).
- A new demon called “The Prowler”
- QUAKE gameplay references (Speed, movement, jumping, “boosts”, etc).
- MP Weapons info (nothing new here)
- Boss AI, tags, “CLASSIC” BOSSES (!!!)
- Some info about The “Summoner“
- Player CUSTOMIZATION (Armor, weapons and “Kill Cards”).
- SPOILERS – NPC AI INTERACTIONS (Survivors?) AND CHAPTERS ALA DOOM/ULTIMATE DOOM +
- SOME LEVELS REVEALED:
– THE FOUNDRY.
– ARGENT TOWER (Of Babel, JK).
– BFG DIVISION.
– BLOOD KEEP.
– ELECTRO TOWER.
– THE TITAN REALM and “The Intro”
Doom is scheduled to release later this year on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. It is to be noted that these details aren’t from official sources.