In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Nintendo Has Sold 7 Million Amiibo in the United States
According to the latest to come out of NPD, Nintendo has sold 7 million units along in the United States. The news came along with August NPD hardware and software sales.
This is a remarkable achievement for Nintendo and Amiibo, and it shows just how popular these figurines are. Nintendo is releasing waves after waves and fans grab them all before you can say “Amiibo.”
In addition to Amiibo sales, we were presented with the news that PS4 has dominated August in U.S yet again. Over at the software side, Madden NFL 16 was the best selling title in the country.
Here’s the top 10 selling games for August 2015:
- Madden 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox One)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Lego: Jurassic World (360, 3DS, Wii U, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Vita)
- Rare Replay (Xbox One)
- Until Dawn (PS4)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Combo Pack (360, PS3)
- Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, Xbox One)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
You can read more about August NDP, here.
Nintendo is doing great when it comes to Amiibo, but I would love to see the company back as a dominant force in the console market. We know that Nintendo is working on NX, so hopefully this new project will bring back the big N.