Yesterday, Blizzard released a surprise new patch for Overwatch Summer Games. The patch also brought with it some interface tweaks, balance changes and penalty for those who think it’s alright to leave a competitive game.
With the new patch, anyone who leaves a Competitive match before it is finished will have to wait 10 minutes before they can queue and find another match.
The timer in competitive has also been tweaked and now with each subsequent round of Assault (Hanamura, Temple of Anubis and Volskaya Industries), players will have less time to assemble their team so they have to communicate and decide their character picks fast.
Some of the other changes and bug fixes in the Overwatch summer games patch include:
• Added Lúcio as an AI hero in Practice vs. AI, Play vs. AI, and Custom Game modes
• Several minor, behind-the-scenes improvements have been made to the in-game matchmaker
• Made several minor adjustments across Watchpoint: Gibraltar to ensure better balance for defending and attacking teams
• [PC Only] Players can now set an FPS cap by selecting “Custom” from the “Limit FPS” dropdown
• Fixed a bug where “The Path Is Closed” Achievement could not be obtained by D.Va while in her mech
• Fixed a bug that caused Custom Games to ignore the “Return to Lobby” setting when the game mode was set to Competitive
• Fixed a bug that kept grouped players from being able to rejoin a match when disconnected (in Competitive)
The full patch notes can be read here for both PC and Consoles.
The Summer Games theme brings with it many new skins, emotes, voice lines and sprays, all of which are dropped from Summer Games loot boxes, themed after the 2016 Olympics being held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Since one of the game’s most popular healer, Lucio, is from Brazil too, Blizzard has also added a new Brawl mode in the game named Lucioball. Fans of Rocket League should feel right at home here because it is pretty much the same thing. Both teams have 3 players each, all playing as Lucio trying to score goals in a football arena.