Ninja Turtles have been out of the game for a long time and unlike Batman, no developer looked keen to take up the task of bringing back these mutated heroes with a bang. Of course, we did see our 4 mutant friends every now and then.
Thankfully, Activision and Platinum Games have joined forces to finally develop a Ninja Turtles game that looks amazing. Well, not visually as it supports comic book style graphics but just taking a look at its announcement trailer, you really do feel like playing it.
After a very long time a Ninja Turtles game has excited me, so hopefully, Platinum Games will not disappoint. According to the footage you see above, the new game is called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan.
Some early details were leaked via the Xbox Store and are as follows:
Battle alongside your brothers through the sewers, subways, and streets of NYC to take down Shredder and Krang’s evil organization, Foot by Foot. Unleash custom combat skills and powerful team combos to save Manhattan from the overwhelming dark forces growing in the shadows.
- Assemble your team in 4-player online co-op mode!
- Fight fan-favorite enemies like Bebop and Rocksteady!
- Visually stunning, fast-paced combat true to PlatinumGames’ signature style.
- Gritty comic-inspired art style turns a new chapter in TMNT history!
- Original story penned by IDW Comic’s TMNT author, Tom Waltz.
The game will release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.