This Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Bardin Slayer Guide will tell you all about how to make use of the Slayer class when playing as Bardin. A lot of tips and tricks will be given to you along with what weapons to use and what Bardin Slayer’s abilities do.
The Slayer class of Bardin is probably the one that most people would want to know about. This is the one which requires you to fight.
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Bardin Slayer
The Slayer class only has one thing going for it and that is the insane amount of DPS that it can output.
Of course, that power comes at a price and you need to be aware of your weaknesses as well. That is where our Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Bardin Slayer Guide comes in.
Bardin Slayer Abilities
The first thing that you need to be aware of is the passive ability known as ‘Trophy Hunter’.
This ability gives you a stacking damage buff(2 seconds) whenever you hit an enemy, with 10% increased damage, stacking 3 times. This means that the more you hit an enemy, the more damage you will deal.
This is only helped by the other effect of the passive which increases your attack speed by 7.5%. This passive ability is known as Path of Carnage.
In the simplest of words, get in there and start wreaking havoc as you have the attack speed and the damage buff will stack allowing you to deal more damage than anyone expects.
The Career Skill is called Leap, and it also helps your passive. Essentially, you leap forward towards a target and stun it.
Once you have done that, you have a 30% increased attack speed for 10 seconds. Now, this will help you stack Trophy Hunter faster and the damage will quickly multiply to become much more lethal than before.
There is another passive ability that you should know about and that is Drengi Grit. Your charged attacks cannot be interrupted by damage because of this ability.
Dual Axes are the best weapon for Bardin Slayer. You do not have a ranged weapon with the Bardin Slayer so you can get a second melee weapon.
Do not worry though, with the amount of DPS that Bardin Slayer can output in melee form, you will not be missing the ranged weapon one bit.
For your second weapon, it is best if you go for the Warpick as it gives you the chance to parry the enemy attacks while simultaneously giving you a higher critical chance. If you get a critical strike while you have your passive stacked, the potential for damage is limitless.
For your trinkets, always try and prioritize the ones which give you Power and Attack Speed.
If you feel like you will not be able to sufficiently protect yourself in certain fights, then getting a health trinket may also work out.
Just remember that your main job is to deal as much damage as you possibly can, and your trinkets should assist you with that for the most part.
Following list of weapons can be selected by Bardin Slayer:
- Great Axe
- War Pick
- Dual Axes
- Dual Hammers
- Two Handed Hammer
- Throwing Axes
You have the choice of selecting talent in each tier.
At level 5, you have to choose between 3 talents.
- Slayer’s Fury: You get temporary health on each melee killing blow based on the health of the enemy.
- Infectious Fortitude: You can heal your nearby allies for 20% of max health with a Healing Draught or a First Aid Kit.
- Doomseeker: You get temporary health if you strike multiple enemies in one swing based on the number of targets hit.
At level 10, you have to choose between 3 talents.
- A Thousand Cuts: If you wield single-handed weapons in both slots, your attack speed will increase by 10%
- Skull Splitter: If you wield two-handed weapons in both slots, your power will increase by 15%.
- Hack and Splash: Your critical hit chance will increase by 5%.
At level 15, you have to choose between 3 talents.
- Smiter: It will increase the damage dealt to staggered enemies by 20% and each hit against the stagger will increase the count of stagger. If the enemy is afflicted by more than 1 stagger effect, the bonus damage will increase by 40%.
- Mainstay: It will increase the damage dealt to staggered enemies by 20% and each hit against the stagger will increase the count of stagger. If the enemy is afflicted by more than 1 stagger effect, the bonus damage will increase by 60%.
- Enhanced Power: It increases the total Power level by 7.5%
At level 20, you have to choose between 3 talents.
- Impatience: It will increase movement speed by 10% for each stack of Trophy Hunter.
- High Tally: It will increase max stacks of Trophy Hunter by 1.
- Adrenaline Surge: If you have max number of stacks, Trophy Hunter will grant cooldown reduction for Leap.
At level 25, you have to choose between 3 talents.
- Oblivious to Pain: If you take damage from Monsters of Elite enemies, damage will be reduced to 10 or half of its original value depending on whichever is the highest.
- Grimnir’s Focus: It will reduce the damage taken by 40% for 5 seconds if you hit an enemy with Charged attack.
- Barge: It will effectively push away the small enemies nearby.
At level 30, you have to choose between 3 talents.
- Crunch: If you land on enemies using leap, this talent will increase stagger effect by 100%.
- Dawi-Drop: During leap, this talent will increase attack damage while airborne by 150%.
- No Escape: Your movement speed will also increase by 25% during Leap’s attack speed buff.
Bardin Slayer Builds
In this build you opt for double one-handed weapons. First melee choice is used to kill Horde Mobs while the secondary melee choice is used to kill Elite enemies or bosses.
Your main focus must be the horde, but slayer can be used to deal with the mobs. Use Dual Axes light attack on Chaos Horde and chain heavy attacks on Beastman horde.
You need strong crowd control ability that you can get by using talents Adrenaline Surge and Crunch.
In this build you opt for double two-handed weapons. Two-Handed Hammer is used to kill Horde Mobs while the secondary melee choice is used to kill Elite enemies or bosses.
Your main focus must be the horde just like the previous build, but slayer can be used to deal with the mobs. Use Great Axe for two shot-bodyshot Stormvermin and a light over-head attack. You can shoot all Elites in the game with a fully charged heavy attack using War Pick.
Two-Handed weapons need mobility that can be obtained by combining Adrenaline Surge and No Escape talents together
Tips and Tricks
Remember to link your abilities together for a combo. Use your Career Skill and then stack your passive for the maximum possible damage.
Remember that you do not have a lot of defense. Your health is quite low so it is best if you try and be vigilant of enemies. You also do not have any way to block enemy attacks so you really are vulnerable when you jump into the fight.
Being surrounded by enemies is probably not the best option, so try and make sure that you do not take on more than a few at one time. This will allow you to take them out one by one and you will be able to deal high single target damage due to your aggressive kit.
If you find out that you are unable to defend yourself, it is best to go for defensive trinkets.
You will still deal quite a lot of damage but you will also be able to protect yourself now. This is a more conservative approach and may work for some players.