Duran has a pretty powerful base class that can deal quite a great amount of damage initially. Later on, in the game, you can pick classes that can further reinforce your party against specific enemies imbuing them with elemental powers. For that very purpose, we prepared this Trials of Mana Best Duran Classes guide.
Trials of Mana Best Duran Classes
The Hybrid Healer role is done well by Duran as well, but there are better alternatives that can be obtained from other characters instead of going for Duran’s healing options.
This guide lists down all of Duran’s classes, we would, however, recommend you take a look at the Duelist and Swordmaster classes, as they provide the most benefits to his overall power.
Fighter – Base Class
The base class for Duran is the Fighter class, initially, it’s just raw damage that isn’t that high and not that low to be completely ignored.
With no spells at his side, all you can really do is dish out some direct damage with no strategy whatsoever.
Gladiator – Dark Class
The first Dark Class in Trials of Mana that unlocks a number of spells, and much more utility compared to the Fighter Base Class.
- Requirement: Visit any Mana Stone once Level 18.
- Locked Ability: Indomitable – Attack increased by 10% for 10 seconds at the start of battle.
- Class Strike: Spin Slash – Enemies in the AoE will get caught in a whirlwind.
You can use elemental powers to give your enemy team buffs against a specific enemy type, leading to high output of damage against bosses and such.
Spells: Diamond Saber, Thunder Saber, Ice Saber, Flame Saber.
Knight – Light Class
A light-side class, that gives Duran a healing spell, allowing him to be able to take care of his team whilst maintaining a reasonable damage output.
- Requirement: Level 18, unlock using Mana Stone.
- Locked Ability: Bear It – Defense increased by 10% for 10 seconds at the start of battle.
- Class Strike: Two slashes in a row followed by a thrust.
His shield, however, does nothing. Maybe a future patch in the game will fix the issue.
Spell: Heal Light.
Swordmaster – Dark-Light Class
Swordmaster unlocks a lot of possibilities for Duran allowing him to use his Saber Spells for all of his party.
- Requirement: Level 38, once you have the Battler Tag go to the special Mana Goddess Statue found in the Sanctuary of Mana.
- Locked Ability: Mastery – Weapon efficiency increased by 15%.
- Class Strike: Hollow Slash – A Surging power causes damage from the blade while wielded.
The lifesteal and manasteal are absolutely amazing, allowing you to always keep your momentum up and going during the fight.
Spells: Moon Saber, Leaf Saber, Diamond Saber, Ice Saber, Flame Saber, Thunder Saber.
Duelist – Dark-Dark Class
Comparatively better than Swordmaster class for Duran when it comes to damage, but you can’t target the entire party with your saber spells this time.
- Requirement: Get to Level 38 and acquire the Duelist Tag, after which you can unlock the class from the special Mana Goddess Statue found in the Sanctuary of Mana.
- Locked Ability: Adrenaline Rush – Attack increases after defeating an enemy.
- Class Strike: Quakebringer – Blade stabs into the Earth and shoots energy at enemies present in the AoE.
Enhancing output using the saber spells may be a bit more tedious, but with not that much of a cast time, it’s feasible nonetheless.
Spells: Dark Saber.
Paladin – Light-Light Class
The Light-Light Duran class improves more on Paladin’s defense whilst providing Paladin with a new spell namely Saint Saber. His shield is still as useless as ever for some reason.
- Requirement: Reach level 38 along with acquiring the Knight Tag item; and then head to the special Mana Goddess Statue in the Sanctuary of Mana.
- Locked Ability: Protective Light – Decreases Light or Dark Elemental Damage by 10%.
- Class Strike: Glint Slash – A blast of holy light energy from the blade which causes damage to enemies standing in the AoE.
Spells: Saint Saber.
Lord – Light-Dark Class
With a stronger healing option, being able to heal multiple party members at once, you also get the ability to cure status ailments in your party.
- Requirement: Reach Level 38 and after acquiring the Prince Tag item head to the special Mana Goddess Statue in the Sanctuary of Mana.
- Locked Ability: 20% chance of increasing your healing effectiveness by 100% in battle.
- Class Strike: Magic Rend – A damaging slash towards a magically bound enemy.
The Lord Class for Duran isn’t the best option for the healer compared to what you can get from other characters that can be way more effective at being a hybrid healer.
Spells: Heal Light, Tinkle Rain.
Berserker – Final Dark Class
- Requirements: After completing the game with any of the two dark classes, get the Valor Sphere and go to the special Mana Goddess Statue in the Sanctuary of Mana.
- Locked Ability: Frenzy – Attack and defense is increased by 2% when a normal attack hits, can stack up till 30%.
- Class Strike: Hellion Fury – Fighting Spirit surrounds the enemy and deals damage.
Divine Hero – Final Light Class
- Requirements: After completing the game with any of the two light classes, get the Valor Sphere and go to the special Mana Goddess Statue in the Sanctuary of Mana.
- Locked Ability: Super Healing – Heal beyond your max HP when receiving recovery effects. Works for until 30% of your max HP.
- Radiant Rend: Do successive slashes dealing massive damage to your enemy