Telltale’s latest, The Wolf Among Us, now has a release date for its first episode. The episodic adventure game is based on DC/Vertigo’s award winning Fables comics. If you’ve been following up on the game, you’d know that the game puts you in the shoes of the big-bad Bigby Wolf, the Fabletown Sheriff.
The game’s official page touts the following features:
- Your choices matter – it’s not only WHAT you choose to do that will affect how your story plays out, but WHEN you choose to do it
- A mature and gritty take on characters from fairytales, legends and folklore who have escaped into our world. These are not the characters you’d see on a little child’s lunchbox.
- Play as Bigby Wolf – formerly the most feared monster among the Fables, now Sheriff of Fabletown and protector of those he used to hunt. He must restrain the beast within if he is to earn the trust of those around him.
- Choose Bigby’s actions carefully. Will you approach a situation calmly or unleash your inner rage? The way you act will determine how others respond to you.
- Set before the events seen in the first issue of the comics – you don’t have to know the characters or the world to play!
If Telltale Games’ Walking Dead series is anything to go by, we can expect The Wolf Among Us to deliver a solid narrative that sits in well as a prequel to the graphic novels, and one where choice and consequence are meaningful.
Players can get the first episode this Friday, on the 11th of October, on PC and Xbox 360. A release date hasn’t been given for the PS3 version of the game, but it’s expected to follow soon.