Report: Shenmue Double Pack Coming To PS4 And Xbox One

Shenmue fans are excited or the upcoming Shenmue III which will launch sometime in 2018, however, there have been rumors since earlier this year that Atlus USA is working on HD remasters of Shenmue 1 and 2 and both will launch on 2017. Now, another report has made it to the internet suggesting that Shenmue double pack is coming.

The clue that Shenmue 1 and 2 are being remastered comes from various online retailers, Alza, Heureka, GetGame, and MadGame, who have listed both games for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. According to the listings, the games will be available as a double pack and one retailer has listed the Shenmue double pack for €49.99 and another has listed it for €59.99 but, these are likely to be placeholders.

Sega is yet to comment on this Shenmue double pack rumor but, it does make sense from a business point of view.

In related news, Yu Suzuki has revealed that Shenmue III Gameplay will not be much different from its predecessors. According to Yu, the upcoming Shenmue III will be a combination of both old and new and in fact, will be 70% similar to the original and the rest of the 30% will be new mechanics.

At the moment we are trying to keep it to 30% new and the keep the other 70% of the game similar to the original. But the design is constantly changing and I am always coming up with new concepts that we can try to add to the game if there is the opportunity.

Recently, YS Net rolled out a new trailer for the upcoming title but, instead of creating hype the studio faced backlash because of the stiff character animations. However, Yu Suzuki explained that all the data relating to the characters is temporary.

Shenmue III is an open-world action adventure game in development at YS Net and will launch sometime in 2018 for PlayStation 4 and PC.

Will is our resident review-master, and it's him who writes most of the reviews you'll have read on our site. With his ancient knowledge of the secret review-fu arts, be sure that all the reviews ...