Stats and attributes in the brand-new MMORPG New World control the performance of your character in a variety of aspects in-game, especially combat. In our guide below, we will be getting you up to speed with everything you need to know stats and attributes in New World.
New World Stats and Attributes
There are five core attributes in New World: Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, Constitution, and Focus.
At the onset of the game, you’ll have 5 points in each of these attributes. However, as you progress through the game, you’ll earn more points, which you can, in turn, distribute amongst any of the five core attributes. However, keep in mind that each of these attributes has a cap of 50 points.
When you reach the cap of any of the attributes, you’ll be rewarded with certain powerful boosts, which will come in handy during fights as well as your overall venture in the game.
It is also worth mentioning that you can gain up to 190 points from leveling up. For earning more points, you can resort to using your equipment. Also, as you reach a higher level, you’ll earn fewer attribute points per level.
Finally, if you feel like you have wrongly distributed your attributes, you can always respect them. Up until level 20, you can respec attribute points for free. As you level up, the fee for respeccing also increases.
Having said that, without further ado, let’s take a look at all the attributes in New World!
The strength attribute is used by a majority of weapons in the New World to scale their damage, especially the melee weapons.
Heavy weapons, like the War Hammer, depend solely on Strength to scale their damage, while the one-handed and relatively lighter weapons will depend on both Dexterity and Strength.
Every attribute has its level of threshold. The higher the threshold, the more bonuses you earn. Below we’ve mentioned the bonuses you’ll receive by reaching various level thresholds of Strength.
- Strength Lvl 50: You receive the bonus of +5% damage on your melee light attacks and +10% on mining speed
- Strength Lvl 100: You receive the bonus of +10% damage on your melee heavy attacks and +20 on encumbrance
- Strength Lvl 150: +50% stamina damage from melee light and heavy attacks, -10% decrease in weight of mined items
- Strength Lvl 200: You receive the bonus of+10% damage on stunned, slowed, or rooted enemies and +10% mining on speed
- Strength Lvl 250: Your stamina regen is faster during melee attacks and +10% mining yield increases
- Strength Lvl 300: Your melee attacks gain Grit and a 25% chance to mine ore with a single swing.
This attribute deals with the usefulness of ranged weapons, like Muskets. As mentioned before, some one-handed weapons may scale off their with both Dexterity and Strength.
Below we’ve mentioned the bonuses you’ll receive by reaching various thresholds of Dexterity.
- Dexterity Lvl 50: You receive the bonus of+5% crit chance and+10% on skinning speed
- Dexterity Lvl 100: You receive the bonus of+5% thrust damage and +20% haste for 3s after skinning
- Dexterity Lvl 150: Your dodges will cost 10 less stamina and you get a -10% decrease in weight of skinned items
- Dexterity Lvl 200: You receive a bonus of +10% bonus backstabs along with headshot damage. You also receive +10% on skinning speed.
- Dexterity Lvl 250: You receive the bonus of+10% bonus crit damage on stunned, slowed, or rooted enemies. You also get +10% on skinning yield.
- Dexterity Lvl 300: You are guaranteed crit after dodge roll (once per 10s) and also your ammo has a 15% chance of being returned
Intelligence governs how effective you are with Magical Weapons and weapons with magical perks.
Below we’ve mentioned the bonuses you’ll receive by reaching various level thresholds of Intelligence.
- Intelligence Lvl 50: You receive the bonus of +10% damage on light and heavy magic attacks and also +10% on harvest speed
- Intelligence Lvl 100: You receive the bonus of +10% on crit damage and a +5% chance for 1 Azoth while harvesting
- Intelligence Lvl 150: You receive the bonus of +15% on elemental damage and -10% on a decrease in weight of harvested items
- Intelligence Lvl 200: You receive the bonus of+10 mana after a dodge and also +10% on harvest speed
- Intelligence Lvl 250: You receive the bonus of +30% duration to damage over time spells and +10% on harvest yield increase
- Intelligence Lvl 300: You receive the bonus of +30% damage on the first hit on full health target and also -10% reduction in Azoth fast travel cost.
Focus deals with Mana’s recovery rate and the Life staff effectiveness. Hence, with more Focus, you will be able to use spells more often without any help from Consumable. Also, your Life staff ability will receive a boost.
Below we’ve mentioned the bonuses you’ll receive by reaching various level thresholds of Focus.
- Focus Lvl 50: You receive the bonus of+10% on mana regen rate and +10% on the fishing line tension.
- Focus Lvl 100: You receive the bonus of +20% on mana and+10% on salvaging yield increase
- Focus Lvl 150: You receive the bonus of +20% on healing output and a -10% decrease in the carrying weight of fish.
- Focus Lvl 200: You receive the bonus of +20% on casted buff duration and a +10% on fishing line tension
- Focus Lvl 250: You receive the bonus of +30% on mana or any self or group kill. Also a+10% increase to caught fish size.
- Focus Lvl 300:You receive a bonus when your mana hits 0. It will gain 200% mana regen for 10s (60s cooldown) and also a -10% cooldown reduction for Inn fast travel
It deals with your overall HP. So, a larger constitution means that you’ll be able to undergo more damage before being killed.
Below we’ve mentioned the bonuses you’ll receive by reaching various level thresholds of the Constitution.
- Constitution Lvl 50: This bonus grants all health your consumables to become 20% stronger and you get +10% on logging speed
- Constitution Lvl 100: You’re granted an increase in max health by 10% of physical armor and also a -10% reduction on tool durability loss
- Constitution Lvl 150: You receive the bonus of-10% on crit damage taken and a -10% decrease in weight of logging items
- Constitution Lvl 200: You receive the bonus of +20% on armor and +10% on logging speed
- Constitution Lvl 250: -You receive the bonus of 80% damage reduction when you’re at your full health (60s cooldown) and also +10% on logging yield increase.
- Constitution Lvl 300: You receive the bonus of +20 duration of stun, slow, and root spells, 25% chance to chop a tree in a single swing.