NBA 2K20 gives equal importance to both the offensive and defense controls of the game. While offensive playing will help you score better in the game, defensive attacks will save you some baskets as well.
The defense is as important as offense in basketball, as you will lose the game even if you score 100 points as long as your opponent scores more. Our Defense Controls Guide will shore up your defensive line to give you opportunities to attack more.
NBA 2K20 Defense Controls
We will be looking at the entire defense controls that are required when playing NBA 2K20.
There do not seem to be as many controls on defense as there are on offense and that is a good thing as defending is complicated enough in any sports game as it is.
Let us go ahead and see how you can ensure your opponent does not score nearly as much as he should be scoring.
- Move Player: Use the left stick of your controller to move the player.
- Hands Up: Use your Right Stick
- Shot Contest: Use your Right Stick
- Take Charge: Use your Right Stick
- On ball Steal: Use your Right Stick
- Intense D: Press L2
- Icon Swap: Press R1
- To Sprint: Press R2
- Defensive Strategies: Press L1
- Take Charge: Press circle to take charge.
- Steal: Press Square
- Block: Press Triangle
- Swap: Press X to swap with
- D-Pad Up: Gameplay HUD
- D-Pad Down: Substitutions
- D-Pad Right: Defensive Game Plan
- D-Pad Left: Defensive Sets
- Flop: Double-tap the Circle.
- Take Charge: Press and hold Circle.
- Hands Up: Move while holding the right stick up.
- Swat Block: Press and hold R2, then press Triangle.
- Icon Swap: Press R1 and then the icon of the player.
- Shot Contest: Move right stick up and then quickly release it.
- On ball Steal: Move the right stick down, then quickly release it.
- Hands Out: Move while holding the right stick either left or right to defend.
- Vertical Contest: Move and hold left stick away from the shooter, and then press Triangle
- Intense D: Press and hold L2 and you will go into a low defense stance in front of the dribbler.
- Crowd Dribbler: You have to press and hold L2 and then move the left stick towards the dribbler.
- Fast Shuffle: Press and hold L2 and R2 simultaneously and then move your left stick in any direction.
- Post-Pull Chair: If being backed down, move the left stick away from the post ball handler, and then quickly release it.
- Rebound: Press Triangle after the ball hits the rim.
- Post Disengage: Move left stick away from the opponent.
- Bump: Hold L2 while impeding the path of your opponent.
- Grab: While running, tap Circle and move the left stick towards the opponent.
- Deny Engage: Press and hold L2 when near a player while out in the perimeter.
- Box Out: Press and hold L2 when near an opponent after the ball has been shot
- Deny Hands Out: Press and hold the right stick in any direction when near an opponent.
- Post Push: Press and hold L2 to engage in the post. Move left stick toward the opponent.
- Post Up Engage: Press and hold L2 when near an opponent while inside near the basket.
- Dive for Loose Ball: Repeatedly press Square or Triangle while chasing down a loose ball.
- Post Transition: Press and hold L2 to engage in the post, move right stick up, down, left, or right
- Post Steal Entry Pass: Press and hold L2 to engage in the post. Press Square when the ball is being passed in.
- Post Pull Chair: Press and hold L2 to engage in the post. Move right stick in the same direction the opponent is pushing.
- Post Fight for Position: Press and hold L2 to engage in the post. Move right stick up or down when the opponent attempts to transition.
- Double Team: Press and hold L1
- Call 3-2 Zone: Swipe the Back button from left to right.
- Call 2-3 Zone: Swipe the Back button from top to bottom.
- Call Man to Man: Swipe the Back button from bottom to top.
- Intentional Foul: Press and hold Square near the ball handler.
- Icon Double Team: Press L1, press and hold the icon of the desired player.
- Team Intentional Foul: Press Back button to have the entire team attempt to foul the ball handler.
- Defensive Pressure Adjustments: Press L1, then press the icon of the desired player. Select a defensive strategy from the menu.
That is all we have for our Defense Controls Guide for NBA 2K20.