A new update is now available on mobile devices for PUBG Mobile adding the desert map Miramar and more. Apart from the addition of the map, PUBG Mobile now gets regions, multiplayer codes, weekly activity missions, progress rewards and more.
Miramar, is the second map for PUBG, featuring desert terrain and new vehicles and weapons. The Miramar update weighs in at approximately 830MB so make sure to find a wifi connection before start the download.
The new PUBG Mobile update includes:
- Desert Map (“Miramar”) is now available for selection. See if you can find the new vehicles and weapons.
- Added local quick team feature: enter a 6-digit code to team up with friends that are next to you.
- Added Synergy and Connections: interact with your friends in-game to raise Synergy, then build Connections when your synergy is high enough.
- Added Regions: now you can choose your region and flag.
- Added a Secret Stash, where you can purchase special discounted items.
As you can see from the patch notes, you now get the ability to team up with friends through codes, new progression missions, a new shop and the ability to add your region and map in the game. All these changes are brought along with the start of the season 2 for PUBG Mobile.
This marks one of the biggest updates on PUBG Mobile with important changes to co-op gaming and missions. Miramar was available to test on Xbox One just one month ago so it’s interesting that it’s already implemented to mobile devices.
Recently, SuperData recently said free-to-play games on mobile and PC were played by 2.5 billion people in 2017 and generated $82 billion in revenue. This basically means that almost half of the population is playing a free-to-play mobile game. From there, numbers will only get better in the future.
Want to know why PUBG mobile is richer in features than the PC and console version of the game? Click here to find out.