May issue of Edge Magazine comes with a detailed feature on Max Payne 3 which outlines all the core gameplay mechanics and story of the game.
You can read through the bullet points of all the new details about the game below. If you are interested in reading the fully detailed feature about Max Payne 3, buy May issue of Edge Magazine.
Max Payne 3 – New Details
- Vancouver, London, Toronto, and New England Rockstar studios are all cooperating on this title.
- The game starts 8 years after the events of Max Payne 2.
- Max has left the NYPD behind him and is now a private security contractor in Sau Paulo.
- Max Payne 3 continues the same plot, so you will encounter familiar faces.
- You will be working for other people as private contractor, most of the times protecting other people.
- Early mission sequences connect all the dots; how max left NYPD and the events that lead him to become a raging alcoholic and bald.
- Unlike the classic Max Payne games, there will be action footage animations rendered by game engine.
- James G. McCaffrey is the voice of the Max Payne in Max Payne 3.
The game will feature a cover system that lets you pop out and shoot from the cover.
- Weapon management will be through wheel based selection similar to Red Dead Redemption.
- Max will be able to carry three weapons at a time.
- Max can now dual wield two similar weapons.
- No automatic health regeneration, you will have to replenish your health by feeding on health generation pills of some sort or every reliable medic kit.
- Bullet-time sequences will sometimes be automatically triggered at key moments during missions.
Source. Edge 227