H1Z1 is one of the games known for making the battle royale genre famous which everyone is addicted to nowadays. H1Z1 PS4 open beta released a few days ago and the game has been doing really well since its launch.
H1Z1 surpassed 1.5 million players in the first 24 hours and now two days later it has hit more than 4.5 Million players. This news was revealed by the game’s Official Twitter account.
As said in the Tweet, to celebrate this achievement Daybreak is dropping the Blue Barbed Hellfire 4-6 in your inventory.
Furthermore, there’s a new patch which will unlock Duos mode. Duos mode which was not available until now for some unknown reason is now available which will allow you to play the game with your friend only without worrying about random players.
The patch also optimizes the minimap and brings various bug fixes. Friendly fire has been disabled in duos and fives but, do note that explosions and vehicles still damage all players.
Match timer has also been increased to avoid players dropping later in the match.
The full patch notes are:
- Duos is now unlocked and open for play!
- The mini-map has been optimized to be more performant.
- Fixed odd rendering issues in several locations in the world when you are the driver in a car.
- Medical items no longer play footstep sound effects.
- Party leader should now always see the fifth member of their team in the lobby UI.
- Fixed an issue where PSN profile picture is occasionally not loaded for all team members.
- Throwables now play their proper “wind-up” animations.
- Marauder and CNQ-09 now have their proper pick-up items.
- Marauder and KH-43 now show the correct icons in the death screen panel.
- Crate opening audio now sounds correct based on player distance from the effect.
- Fixed several issues that could cause the application to crash.
Coming with rolling server restarts this evening
- Bullet friendly fire has been disabled in Duos and Fives. Please note that explosions and vehicles still damage all players.
- Extended the Match Start Timer to ensure that players were not skipping the Fort and dropping directly into matches later than other players.
H1Z1 is a battle royale game developed by Daybreak Game Company for PC and the game is currently in beta for the PS4.