These are great times to be a Xbox Gamer. We just received the new Xbox One S and the anniversary update for Windows 10 is out now. Moreover, a new preview update is now available for Xbox One.
The new Xbox One preview update is available to preview members only. It should automatically download if you have enabled auto-downloads. However, you can manually check for updates as well.
Here are all the details you need to know for the latest Xbox One preview update.
- OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160801-1743
- Available: 7:40PM PDT 8/2 (1:00 AM GMT 3/8)
- General improvements and fixes for stability.
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES:
My Games & Apps
- If a universal app version of an app is available, the version which is not currently installed may appear under Ready to Install (causing what appears to be the same app both installed and in Ready to Install).
- You may encounter an installation error (0x800700002) when attempting to install or update universal apps. Workaround: Uninstall and reinstall the app. If you have the app installed on both the internal hard drive and an external hard drive, be sure to uninstall from both.
- If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home. The pins for the apps will stay on your Home, easy to get to.
The update is around 4GB on Xbox One.