Generation Zero has received its January Update. You can now download this patch on PC (Steam). You will find that the Generation Zero January Update has quite a few bug fixes with weapons, UI, missions, challenges, and more. Something that stands out in this patch is that they fixed an issue where players could infinitely revive themselves without any Adrenaline Shots.
In this game you play in an immense open world created thanks to the Apex engine, and that includes day and night cycle, unpredictable weather conditions, and a series of elements such as destructible scenarios, dynamic artificial intelligence for enemies and an atmosphere based on the eighties.
You visit a version of the 80s of Sweden, in which violent machines have invaded the peaceful countryside. Your mission, alone and accompanied with up to three friends, will be to face them following guerrilla tactics and skirmishes through large scenarios. Robotic enemies are always present in the world, hanging around and acting according to their purposes.
When you are able to destroy any of its components or versions, such as armor, weapons or sensory devices, the damage you cause to them will be permanent. They will carry those scars until you face them again, either after a few minutes, hours or weeks. Below you will find some key patch notes regarding Generation Zero January Update.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t reload immediately after exiting a bicycle.
- It’s now possible to reload and sprint at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to attach any ammo or attachment to any weapon.
- Fixed an issue with aiming-down-sights (ADS) with the 12G Pump-Action that resulted in a black bar appearing on screen when wearing the Worn Flannel Jacket or Elegant Tailcoat.
- Tweaked the way in which flame damage was applied to Machines.
- Fixed an rare issue where weapon switching with only 1 main weapon equipped could un-equip the weapon.
- Fixed an issue where player hair could appear distorted when looking through a scope.
- Fixed an issue where thrown items would sometimes disappear in mid-air (but still worked appropriately).
- [Community Report] Fixed an issue where sometimes Machine components would remain highlighted after leaving Tech View.
- [Community Report] Fixed an issue where the counter for Adrenaline Shots could become negative.
- [Community Report] Fixed an issue with the Storage Box incorrectly counting the number of attachments on a weapon against the item space available.
- [Community Report] Toned down the HUD filter from the Gas Mask.
- Removed the Gas Mask HUD filter when seeing your character in 3rd person. Ex. While emoting or on a bike.
- Added tooltips on how to cycle views when using a Vision Module.
- Fixed an issue where stats may not show on apparel when cycling through variations.
- Fixed an issue where the bike icon could get stuck on the map and in-world if you tried to spawn a bike multiple times.
- Fixed an issue where both Challenge tree tabs were highlighted when switching between menus.
- Fixed an issue where a Rival nameplate would disappear if something blocked your line of sight.
- Fixed an issue with scroll bar behavior in the Collectibles menu.
- Fixed a few issues with interaction prompts throughout the world.
- Updated controller mappings to indicate what button was reload.
- Fixed an issue where the Controls option appeared twice in the Settings menu.
- Fixed an issue where your screen could go mostly white if you used a Medkit while being hit by a flamethrower.
- Fixed an issue where the damage over time effect would not scale appropriately to your field-of-view setting.
Here you will find the complete list of Generation Zero January Update patch notes. I remind you that Avalanche Publishing’s Generation Zero released on March 26, 2019 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.