Javelins are powered exo-suits worn and piloted by Freelancers when venturing into the world beyond Fort Tarsis. They grant their wearers superhuman capabilities and are heavily modifiable, allowing for a number of a unique individual model.
Anthem Storm Javelin is one of the initial four Javelins in Anthem. Here is all about its abilities, weapons, gadgets, ultimate, strengths, and weaknesses.
Anthem Storm Javelin
In Anthem, there is a variety of different Javelin’s to choose from. You will start out in the “Ranger” javelin for the first few levels. However, at Level 12 you will get the opportunity to choose another.
Altogether, there are 4 unique Javelin classes in Anthem i.e. Ranger, Colossus, Storm, and Interceptor.
Each of these has their own pros and cons. Choosing one can be tough, because they have a major impact on your playing style, so try all of them, until you find one with a style that is compatible with you.
If you have managed to choose Anthem Storm as your preferred choice, then this guide should help you out.
The unique thing about Storm Javelin is that it is exclusively designed for aerial combat, what that means is that unlike other Javelins, you can fly when equipped with Storm Javelin.
In fact, you will spend most of the time in the air, because it lets you hover almost indefinitely. Therefore, your playstyle will mostly require you to engage in long-ranged combat.
The Storm Javelin mostly uses powerful seal technology to blast enemies with elemental attacks from a distance. Although it is not very effective at close range, especially because of its weak shield, it can use the melee attack called Fiery Strike.
Fiery Strike is for the most part “a keep out tool”.
During Fiery strike, the Storm uses the seals on its arm to deliver an explosive flash that deals damage and knocks back enemies that have gotten too close, giving the Storm time to reposition at a safe distance.
Besides this, like every Javelin exo-suit in Anthem, Storm has two available weapon slots.
The Storm can equip any type of weapon in the game into these two slots, with the exception of the exclusive heavy weapons equipped only by the Colossus Javelin.
- Living Flame: A burst of flame energy that seeks out and ignites targets.
- Lightning Strike: A targeted strike that deals lightning damage in an area.
- Flame Burst: A quick explosion that deals fire damage at a target location.
- Ice Storm: Creates a field of ice that deals damage, rapidly building to a final explosion of frost.
- Rime Blast: Fires out a flurry of ice projectiles that deal damage and freeze close-range targets.
- Glacial Beam: Fires a beam of powerful ice energy in a targeted direction.
- Hoarfrost Shards: Rapid-fire shards of ice that slowly freeze a target in place.
- Arc Burst: Unleashes a blast of lightning that will leap to nearby targets for heavy damage.
- Ball Lightning: A discharge of electric energy that can be bounced off walls to reach targets behind cover.
- Fireball: A versatile fire ability that can be fired quickly in small shots or charged for a larger projectile that explodes.
- Wind Wall: Generates a defensive wall of wind that deflects incoming enemy projectiles.
- Nexus: Creates a field that provides gear cooldown reduction to teammates who enter its radius.
The Storm Javelin, just like the three other exo-suit types in Anthem also has its own unique Ultimate Ability.
This ability is known as “Elemental Storm”. During the Electric Strom, the Storm emits successive blasts of frost, electricity, and fire, each with a devastating meteoric detonation, and then finally it sends out its most powerful blast.
It is mostly used to take out groups of enemies, so focus on a crowded area, rather than a single enemy.
Storm Javelin is basically a support type Javelin; it typically operates like a mage in any RPG game. It has great damage potential, and can often take out hordes of enemies with just a couple of attacks.
However, it has limited defensive capabilities, as such, when playing as Javelin keep a safe distance from the enemies as they can kill you very quickly.
Take advantage of the fact that Storm Javelin can float. Storm Javelin can maneuver pretty well around the air; you can use that to avoid damage by retreating when you have to.
Unlike your grounded allies, you will have a great vantage point over the enemies; as such, you will be throwing your attack from a clean line of sight.
However, most enemies will not let that go unpunished, so when you start taking heavy damage you can easily fly to a safe cover until you have recovered your health and are ready to jump back into the hot zone.