Navi is confirmed for Q3 2019 launch but AMD is yet to reveal the GPU. But, a lot of new information has been revealed regarding the upcoming AMD Navi GPU like its release date and there are two versions of it.
The information comes from the Sapphire Technology Product Manager Leo and Public Relations Director Jenny. They talked about the upcoming AMD Navi GPU at AMD 50 Gathering in Chengdu, China.
According to Sapphire, there are two versions of AMD Navi GPU. One will be available for the $499 while the other for $399. Obviously, both versions differentiate in performance and reportedly, the $499 version easily outperforms the Nvidia RTX 2070.
Given that Navi is often compared to RTX 2070 in leaks and rumors, many assume that AMD Navi GPU will feature support for real-time Ray Tracing.
According to sapphire, gamers might have to wait until the next GPU architecture from AMD but, it isn’t final yet.
Furthermore, the company confirmed that AMD Navi GPU release date. According to Sapphire, Navi will be revealed on May 27th at Computex 2019 and will launch on July 7, 2019.
This falls in line with the previous leak that Navi GPU release date is July 7 and the performance is somewhere between the RX Vega 56 and Nvidia GTX 1080.
The following is what Sapphire revealed regarding the Navi GPU at AMD 50 Gathering.
- Sapphire plans to extend the GPU warranty period after the warranty of current mining batches terminates.
- No plan for non-reference Radeon VII
Confirmed to release watercooled
PoisonToxic for Navi. Toxic for Vega was canceled due to restricted margin.
- Navi currently has two versions, one is priced at $499 and the other is $399.
- (Assuming talking about the top version) it is stronger than 2070
- Denied the existence of socalled “Big Navi” with 5120SP
- In terms of hardware raytracing acceleration: maybe wait for AMD’s next GPU architecture, although the arch is not finalized yet.
- Navi will be presented at Computex on May 27th, and the launch date is July 7th.
AMD is yet to confirm if Navi will support real-time Ray Tracing or not. But, chances of Navi supporting Ray Tracing are quite high given that PS5 features Navi graphics and supports Ray Tracing.
Sony officially announced the specs for the upcoming PlayStation 5 and confirmed Navi graphics for its console along with support for real-time Ray Tracing.
Aside from Navi GPU, AMD also confirmed its Ryzen 3000 CPUs for Q3 2019 release. Like its GPU, AMD is yet to reveal its upcoming line of 7nm Ryzen desktop CPUs and APUs.
Shortly after the confirmation, listing for Ryzen 9 3800X, Ryzen 7 3700X and Ryzen 5 3600X popped up at online retailers.
The listings revealed the specs for the aforementioned CPUs and AMD Ryzen 7 3700X featured the most ridiculous ones.