A brand new patch went live for World War Z on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. With World War Z Update 1.20, you will find that this patch introduces the highly anticipated Dronemaster update with loads of new free content. Some things that stand out in this patch are that the developers added crossplay across all platforms and they added a user ban and report system into the game. Below you will find some key patch notes regarding World War Z Update 1.20.
- New Feature: Added new “Dronemaster” specialization with its own ability, perk tree and prestige rewards.
- New Feature: Added full crossplay support with other platforms.
- New Feature: Added crossplay invite system via codes.
- New Feature: Added user ban and report system.
- New Feature: Added Signature weapon skin pack DLC (free for Season Pass owners).
- Weapons: Added new ACW-20 weapon with its own upgrades.
- Weapons: Added upgrades for Revolver.
- Weapons: Added upgrades for Double-Barreled Shotgun.
- Weapons: Adjusted how much ammo certain weapons drain from ammo crates thanks to World War Z 1.20.
- Weapons: All semi-auto and burst weapons drain 20% less ammo from crates.
- Weapons: Crossbow drains 50% less ammo from crates.
- Weapons: Classic Battle Rifle drains 50% more ammo from crates.
- Weapons: All SMGs drain 10% less ammo from crates.
- Weapons: All pistols (except Revolver) drain 25% less ammo from crates.
- General fixes: Fixed issue with players being launched into the air when building automatic turrets.
- General fixes: Fixed animation issue with zombies killed by fire.
- General fixes: Fixed issue with Bomber blowing up instantly even when he was properly downed while vaulting or climbing (he’ll still have to finish his current animation before being downed).
In other news, Saber Interactive announced that they are already working on the development of the World War Z Switch version, its post-apocalyptic action video game, although they have not yet provided details on when it could be available on the platform of the parents of Super Mario and The Legend of Zelda.