A brand new patch went live for Fallout 76 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. With Fallout 76 Update 1.40, you will find that this is quite a big patch, as the download and install size on PlayStation 4 is around 11.4 GB. Take note that the most important thing regarding this patch is that they started with The Legendary Run: the first Season in their new progression and reward system. Below you will find some key patch notes regarding Fallout 76 Update 1.40.
- 76 Seasons: Earn S.C.O.R.E. to rank up and claim tons of stellar new rewards with our all-new progression system, which brings a major overhaul for Challenges.
- The Legendary Run: Our first 10-week Season begins today! Race across the galaxy against the evil Dr. Zorbo and unlock unique cosmetics, in-game currencies, and much more along the way.
- Public Teams: Use the Social Menu to easily find, join, or form a Public Teams that bring players together under shared team goals and offer themed in-game buffs.
- Music: We’ve added some out-of-this-world tunes to the Atomic Shop to delight your ears during The Legendary Run thanks to Fallout 76 1.40.
- Icons: Based on community feedback, we’ve added a unique Mole Miner-themed icon to the Map and in the Compass to better indicate the Purveyor’s location.
- Map: Teammate markers on the Map have been enlarged and animated to make them easier to identify. Additionally, teammate names and player icons now only appear on your Map when you hover over their Map markers thanks to Fallout 76 1.40.
- Settings: The Chat Volume audio setting is now completely independent of the Master Volume setting. This should improve cases where players were having trouble hearing others over voice chat. Master Volume will continue to affect other volume settings, but adjusting it will no longer change your Chat Volume.
Recently, the developers released another important patch for the game. With Fallout 76 Update 1.39, you will find that this was quite a small patch, as the download and install size on PlayStation 4 was only around 210 MB. Take note that the most important thing regarding this patch is that they released a fix for the duplication issue that was affecting Vending Machines and Display Cases.