The Long Dark has received some important updates in the form of Hotfix 1.77. This update is now available on PC. You will see that with The Long Dark Hotfix 1.77, the devs released a hotfix to address issues with Fearless Navigator, the latest update to Survival Mode. They fixed an issue in the Mystery Lake to Mountain Town transition that caused invisible collision to spawn, blocking the Player. Below you will find some key patch notes regarding The Long Dark Hotfix 1.77.
- When using a Spray Can to place a symbol, quickly selecting “Erase” while still spraying will no longer cause a soft lock.
- Cap on the Spray Can will now match the colour of the Spray Paint.
- Windows found on the Forestry Lookout can no longer have Spray Paint applied to them.
- Spray Paint will no longer clip through snow, when sprayed on picnic tables.
- Added additional checks to ensure Players can not exit the game while a save is in progress.
- Fixed an issue in the Mystery Lake to Mountain Town transition that caused invisible collision to spawn, blocking the Player thanks to this The Long Dark update.
- Fixed an issue in Mystery Lake that caused some logs to appear to pop into the world.
- The Milton Park Notice Board now checks for collision when retrieving a Polaroid, preventing the Player from being able to interact with the Polaroid from an invalid direction.
- When building a new Rock Cache, errant text will no longer appear briefly on the screen.
- When editing Rock Cache Notes, in the Journal, the character limit is now properly enforced.
- When editing Rock Cache Notes, in the Journal, the Player can now use backspace to delete previously written content, as intended.
- When viewing the Journal, the scroll bar will now animate correctly when scrolling through content.
Recently, the developers released another important patch for the game. You will see that with The Long Dark Update 1.76, the devs introduces Fearless Navigator, which is the latest update to the Survival Mode. You can now also leave markers identifying important survival information such as the location of supplies or dangerous places to avoid. Click here to read more about this update.
If you encounter any issues while playing, please visit their Support Portal. Here you will find the complete list of all The Long Dark Hotfix 1.77 patch notes. I remind you that Hinterland Studio’s The Long Dark released on August 1, 2017 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.