Need for Speed Heat has received Update 1.6. You can download this patch today on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. You will find that Need for Speed Heat Update 1.6 has quite a few steering wheel additions, quality of life improvements, various bug fixes, and more. Something that stands out in this patch is that they added a notification to the garage that will inform you if a server will be shutting down soon, something that can be very useful.
This installment of the Need for Speed franchise takes you to the urban and sunny Palm City, a place that during the day will allow you to earn money by participating in quite a few different events, but at nightfall the danger appears with illegal street races. Below you will find some key patch notes regarding Need for Speed Heat Update 1.6.
- PC: 3.5 GB
- PS4: 5.65 GB
- Xbox One: 4.94 GB
The devs know those of you that own a steering wheel are enjoying all kinds of racing games, and they want to give you the option to use your equipment in Need for Speed Heat, too. They have been testing some steering wheels, but a few others that are not on this list below might also work.
- Thrustmaster T300RS (PS4, PC)
- Thrustmaster TX (Xbox, PC)
- Thrustmaster T150 (PS4, PC)
- Thrustmaster TMX (Xbox, PC)
- Logitech G29 (PS4, PC)
- Logitech G920 (Xbox, PC)
- Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel (PS4, PC, XB1)
For PC players, make sure to install the Logitech G Hub, regardless of the wheel manufacturer and model. For Console players, make sure that your steering wheel is assigned to your Need for Speed Heat console profile before launching the game. When launching the game, press the respective steering wheel button on the title screen to enable steering wheel play: A on Xbox, X on PlayStation.
Please note that in order to access all features in Need for Speed Heat, you will need to use a combination of steering wheel and controller.
Quality of Life improvements
- Using a controller with manual transmission: You have been bringing this one up a lot. When you’re driving using manual transmission on a controller, the bumper buttons not only are shifting up and down, but share a lot of different functionalities depending on context. You can bribe a cop, enter the garage, start an event, swap a car and more. Especially when shifting up after leaving the garage, this can be slightly awkward. To improve the experience, all actions except shifting up and down now require you to hold the button for a short while to prevent accidental presses. Note that this change only affects players that are using manual transmission.
- Gas Stations: You’ve been clear on that one. You want to showcase your cars in the best light, without any damage. The Need for Speed Heat devs added some functionality to the gas stations to give your car a complete repair when driving through a gas station. Functional damage will be fixed, but also dust will be washed off and scratches repaired.
Here you will find the complete list of Need for Speed Heat Update 1.6 patch notes. I remind you that EA and Ghost Games’ Need For Speed Heat released on November 8, 2019 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.