Gears 5 has received Title Update 4. You can download this patch today on PC (Steam), Windows 10, and Xbox One. You will find that Gears 5 Title Update 4 has various new bug fixes and improvements. It also adds updates for Gnasher, Omen, and characters. Something that stands out is that Meatshields can now be grenade tagged by opponents and Kantus is added to the character roster.
Gears 5 is the latest installment of the iconic third-person action saga, Gears of War. This time the protagonist, Kait, has many waves of extraterrestrials to deal with. The Coalitions promised that they returned to the roots of the series, but also show a more innovative, risky graphic and artistic style.
In addition, this is the first Gears of War video game that adopts a structure similar to that of an open world scenario. Below you will find some key patch notes regarding Gears 5 Title Update 4.
The Kantus Villain arrives with the release of Title Update 4. You can learn about the Kantus’ Totem Challenges and Arcade setup here. When you purchase the Operation 2: Free For All bundle, Kantus will be added to your inventory at no extra price. If you did not purchase the Operation 2 bundle yet, Kantus will be added to the existing bundle with no increase to the price of the bundle.
- Kantus added to character roster
- Baird’s Global Sentry Upgrade card no longer effects Baird’s weapons
- Baird’s Experimental Weapons card no longer applies to heavy weapons
- Lahni’s Shock Chain card now functions correctly again
Fixes and Improvements
Loads of bug fixes and improvements have been made to Gears 5. The devs added Estimated Wait Times for playlists, Meatshields can now be grenade tagged by opponents, they added stats for FFA Quickplay and Arcade Blitz, added a ‘Mark All Viewed’ button to Customization menus, and more below.
- Horde: Resolved a bug that could cause Level 4 MG / Shock Sentries or Weapons Lockers to be unable to be picked up after being healed and then placed inside a piece of cover
- Horde: Fixed an issue that could cause a user to be unable to move after being saved by Jack from a DBNO struggle with an enemy
- Horde: Fixed an issue that could cause negative damage values in the scoreboard
- Guardian: Players who Join In Progress or Rejoin will now be able to respawn if their leader is alive
- Tiles: Minor fixes to address LOD and lighting issues on a number of tiles
- Keyboard: Key binding any movement, combat or actions to “K” will now work on Allfather’s Arena
- PC: Fixed a crash in Gears 5 that could occur shortly after launch
- Campaign: Fixed an issue where the Skiff could become stuck if mounted too quickly after killing enemies at the lower bridge controls in Vasgar
- Campaign: Fixed an issue where the Skiff could get stuck in the air in Vasgar
- Campaign: Fixed an issue that could cause infinite loading after the end credits
- Versus: Improved lighting on the MVP screen
- Accessibility: Narrator will now mention options to quit or change profile in the menus.
- Accessibility: Narrator will now specify the player’s MP level when reading out the number