Frostpunk has received The Last Autumn DLC for PC. You will find that this DLC adds quite a few new features and additional fixes have been introduced with this update. Something that stands out is that they also added new threats and issues to deal with like toxic gases or strikes among workers and 25 new buildings to construct like docks, telegraph station, labour union and more.
Frostpunk is a strategy, management and simulation game by the devs of This War of Mine. Here you manage a city in a futuristic world that is devastated by climate change, in which you must survive the inclement weather. Below you will find all the relevant details for the new Frostpunk The Last Autumn DLC.
Kuba Stokalski, Frostpunk Lead Designer made the following statement.
Everyone associate Frostpunk with snow and winter, so our goal was to provide them with something totally new and change the tone of the game a bit. It was a challenge, but the result is the biggest and the most tone-nuanced scenario in the whole Frostpunk universe.
What is this expansion about?
Frostpunk The Last Autumn DLC tells a prequel story. Experience the events that ended with the cataclysm and lead the construction of the iconic Generator. Not everyone will be happy with the work conditions and some of your people – albeit they shouldn’t know it – could pay the ultimate price when striving to give humankind their last hope. It’s up to you to weigh the stakes and decide how much sacrifices the greater good is worth.
- Prequel story in a new environment, yet not covered by snow, that let you construct the Generator from scratch, preparing your society for the upcoming winter
- The new variant of the Endless Mode – Builders – that redefines the challenges you’ll face by providing different setup and solutions
- Two new Book of Laws allowing you to shape your society in previously unknown ways
- New threats and issues to deal with like toxic gases or strikes among workers
- There are new ways of influencing your society in Frostpunk The Last Autumn, from establishing labour unions to manipulation
- New technology tree, inventions to discover and resources to obtain
- 25 new buildings to construct like docks, telegraph station, labour union and more
- New social classes including Convicts – a cheap and obedient workforce even more new mechanics and tweaks to discover
Additional fixes introduced with this update:
- Fix for tier icons in technology tree changing alongside set language
- Fix for inconsistent inheritance of employment in buildings
- Performance optimization
- Many minor fixes and improvements
The Season Pass for Frostpunk grants access to all three DLC packs: The Rifts, The Last Autumn, and the unannounced pack codenamed “Project TVADGYCGJR”. If you don’t have the Season Pass, each DLC pack can be bought separately. All expansions will arrive on consoles at a later date.
I remind you that 11 bit studios’ Frostpunk released in April 2018 for PC, and in October 2019 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.