Overwatch has received Update 2.81 (1.44). You can now download this patch on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. You will find that Overwatch Update 2.81 (1.44) has various general bug fixes, new features, and adjustments. Something that stands out is that they have added the new Lunar New Year event (Year of the Rat) with exciting weekly challenges and rewards.
Overwatch is a cooperative and competitive first-person action video game developed by Blizzard, creators of games such as Starcraft, Diablo or Warcraft, which for the first time address a first-person shooter profile game. The title is set in a distant and fantasy future, where dozens of heroes are the only ones able to safeguard peace on Earth from the threat of hostile robots. Below you will find some key patch notes regarding Overwatch Update 2.81 (1.44).
Lunar New Year 2020
Get ready to celebrate the Year of the Rat! Overwatch is celebrating Lunar New Year with new seasonal items including legendary skins like Face Changer Sombra, Mask Dancer Moira, Samul Nori Lúcio, and Opera Brigitte. Experience the third competitive season of Capture the Flag mode, in addition to a brand new game mode called Blitz CTF. To learn more about the new mode, click here.
Feature Update: Party Flex for Role Queue
Unsure of which role you want to play? Now, party members who queue for any game mode with Role Queue enabled can select multiple roles, indicating what they’re willing to play in the next game.
Your other party members’ role choices and Competitive Play skill ratings may affect which roles you are eligible to choose, or which role you can play. For example, if you selected all three roles (Tank, Damage, Healing) to indicate your willingness to play any of them, and then two other party members choose Support, you will not get to play Support in the next game.
Custom Game Options
The Lobby section of Custom Game Settings has a new option “Data Center Preference”. This option in Overwatch provides the game creator with more control where the game will be hosted. The default “Best Available” choice automatically provides the creator with the best connection available to them.
We only suggest choosing a specific datacenter if no single datacenter can simultaneously provide the best connection to all players. This is usually only the case when the players participating in the custom game are located in different geographic regions of the world.
Spectate and Replay Updates
- Added a new hotkey, “Spectate toggle 3P camera side”, which changes the shoulder you’re looking over for the player you’re spectating while using the simple third-person spectator camera option
- Added a new hotkey, “Toggle normal / simple 3P spectator camera”, which toggles between the two third-person camera modes while spectating
- Updated the death camera to quickly shift from where you were looking to where your killer is, to make it easier to see if you were killed by someone behind you or to your side
- Updated the simple third-person spectator camera position for several heroes to have them cover less of the screen
- Fixed an issuein Overwatch that caused zooming in and out while in the simple third-person camera to appear choppy
- Transitioning into or out of first person no longer causes the camera to clip inside the hero’s head
- Fixed several camera smoothness and popping issues
Here you will find the complete list of Overwatch Update 2.81 (1.44) patch notes. I remind you that Blizzard’s Overwatch released on May 24, 2016 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and October 15, 2019 on Nintendo Switch.