Hunt: Showdown has received Update 1.2 for its Test Server. You can now download this patch on PC (Steam). You will find that Hunt: Showdown Update 1.2 has various new content, bug fixes, and improvements. Something that stands out is that players can now play with random teams of three instead of only being able to play in teams of three with their Steam friends.
Hunt: Showdown is a first-person multiplayer cooperative action video game developed by Crytek that invites us to put ourselves in the shoes of a monster hunter. Our mission is to bring down the most diverse creatures imaginable in search of the greatest reward imaginable, and is available on PC and consoles. Below you will find some key patch notes regarding Hunt: Showdown Update 1.2.
Random Teams of Three
Hunt: Showdown players can now finally also form and play with random teams of three instead of only being able to play in teams of three with their Steam friends.
- This change opens up 3-player teams to a wider audience, allowing many new ways of playing Bounty Hunt.
- When opting-in to find a random partner in the Lobby, players can now choose between either searching for two player or three player teams.
- Unlike playing in duos with a single partner, teams of three require more discipline and coordination by all members of the team to succeed. Are you up to the challenge?
New Melee Equipment
- Heavy Knife: Larger and more intimidating version of the regular Knife tool, the Heavy Knife is the missing link between the Knife and the Machete in Hunt: Showdown.
- Knuckle Knife: The ‘bastard child’ of the Knife and Duster tools, the Knuckle Knife is a flexible tool that allows for both Blunt and Piercing melee attacks.
- Pitchfork: Among the selection of fearsome farming tools found by Hunters scattered around the Bayou, the Pitchfork excels at stabbing enemies to death.
- Shovel: Another new farming tool found scattered through the swamps, the Shovel can be used as a weapon and should not to be underestimated by Hunters.
Boss Whisper Changes
The developers removed the inner and outer warning ranges in Hunt: Showdown and consolidated it into a single 50m radius. While in range and in Dark Sight, players will receive the below detailed warning feedback.
- Normal whisper sounds and a continuous white UI flashing on the top-left target icon if no enemy players are within the 50m radius.
- Aggressive whisper sounds and a continuous red UI flashing on the top-left target icon while enemy players are within the 50m radius.