Fortnite’s latest update has brought more overtime challenges for players to keep them busy in the last few weeks of Season 1 of Fortnite Chapter 2. This guide focuses on the Fortnite Chapter 2 Rippley vs Sludge Challenge if you want the Purple Rippley skin.
Just like the Remedy Vs. Toxin mission, they will revolve around apparent tensions between the various Alter Ego skins in the game and will get you a new style for one of your Battle Pass skins if you manage to complete all the challenges.
Fortnite Chapter 2 Rippley vs Sludge Challenge
The new update has brought Rippley Vs Sludge challenges which consist of 11 in total. The reward for completing all these challenges is the rare Purple Rippley style for the Rippley skin. The challenges are as follows:
- Stage 1 – Reach Battle Pass Tier 50. Stage 2 – Complete Rippley Vs. Sludge Mission Objective
- Earn Gold Scavenger Medals by searching chests, llamas, or supply drops (0/3)
- Achieve AR Specialist Accolades in different matches (0/3)
- Land in a Named Location in different matches (0/3)
- Deal any damage with a placed Trap to an opponent (0/1)
- Destroy SLURP Barrels, SLURP Trucks, or SLURP Silos (0/10)
- Swim 50m in under 5s (0/1)
- Visit Lazy Lake and Slurpy Swamp in the same match while riding in a motorboat (0/1)
- Eliminations at Risky Reels, Fort Crumpet, or Hydro 16 (0/5).
- Search the hidden gnome found in between Logjam Woodworks, a wooden shack, and a buck (0/1)
- Catch a fish with a Fishing Rod, a Harpoon Gun, and an Explosive Weapon (0/1)
Most of the challenges are straight forward but some of them may require a little help as the locations aren’t marked on the map. In this guide, we will explain some of these challenges that are a bit confusing.
Eliminations at Risky Reels, Fort Crumpet, or Hydro 16
Risky Reels is present close to the center of the map just west of Frenzy Farm.
Hydro 16 is located east of Slurpy Swamp and is right beside the giant hydro-electric dam.
Fort Crumpet is located just to the north-west of Sweaty Sands.
You need to get a total of five eliminations at any one of these locations. Risky Reels is the busiest of these so that maybe your best option to complete the challenge quickly. Hydro 16 has medium player traffic, but that might increase while people are doing this challenge. Fort Crumpet tends to be very quiet, so it may not be the best place to hunt for eliminations.
Below is a map also highlighting Risky Reels, Hydro 16 and Fort Crumpet locations in Fortnite Chapter 2 to find them easily.
Search the hidden gnome found in between Logjam Woodworks, a wooden shack, and a bucket
The Gnome you are looking for is found between Logjam Woodworks, a Wooden Shack, and a Bucket Tree. First, make your way to the Logjam Woodworks, taking you to the south-west corner of the map. The place is located to the southeast of Holly Hedge and is located on the western side of Weeping Woods.
The Wooden Shack is slightly south-west of the Woodworks. The Bucket Tree is a little bit east from there, which puts the hidden gnome in the middle. Just imagine the three locations are corners of a triangle and your destination is the middle.
You will find a tree with slightly submerged roots, and you’ll find the gnome in the weeds, just waiting to be looted. Interact with it to complete the challenge.