Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition has received Hotfix 34397. You can now download this patch on PC (Steam). You will find that Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Hotfix 34397 is quite a small patch, as it only has a few general and modding fixes. Something that stands out is that they fixed a bug that prevented music mods from working in-game.
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition celebrates the twentieth anniversary of one of the most popular and beloved strategy sagas of digital leisure, now presenting its graphics in 4K, remastering its audio and sound effects and launching a new campaign called The Last Khans. Below you will find the complete list of Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Hotfix 34397 patch notes.
Happy 2020, everyone! The first build of the year comes with a handful of fixes for issues that arose in the massive December Update (Update 34055) or which crept into the game with its first Hotfix (34223). It includes the return of major performance fixes introduced (initially) with last month’s build, a fix for the “Castle Age Crash” which kicks players out of the game as they’re Aging-up, as well as new fixes for issues that have been prevalent subjects of discussion amongst the community.
- Fixed a crash in Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Hotfix 34397 that could trigger when upgrading to a new Age—most notably to the Castle or Imperial Age.
- Fixed a crash triggered when loading into a match as a spectator.
- Fixed an issue that was impacting some of the prior performance gains initially released with the December Update.
- Fixed a bug that allowed units with minimum range attacks to pass through obstructions.
- Fixed a bug that prevented certain battle audio from playing on machines with Vsync enabled.
- Fixed a visual bug that prevented control group numbers from displaying next to grouped units.
- Fixed a visual bug that caused the banned map cross to disappear after queuing for a ranked match.
- Fixed a bug that prevented music mods from working in-game.
I remind you that Xbox Game Studios and Forgotten Empires’ Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition released on November 14, 2019 for PC.