Battlefield 5 received Update 1.29. You can now download Update 1.29 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. You will find that Update 1.29 for Battlefield 5 is quite a big update with a lot of new content. There are a few new features, additions and Update 1.29 of Battlefield 5 makes several balance adjustments.
Battlefield V is the latest sequel to the DICE and EA first-person action saga. On this occasion, the game take us to the Second World War, delving into ideas such as brotherhood among soldiers, adding new game modes, improving graphics and clearly betting on more fun. Below you will find the complete list of Battlefield 5 Update 1.29 patch notes.
- Community Games
- A rebalance of most weapons across Battlefield V, focusing on the damage that weapons do outside of their designed ranges.
Releasing Later in December
- Wake Island
- Community Games
- 4 New Weapons releasing in Battlefield 5 across the remainder of Chapter 5: War in the Pacific – BAR 1918A2, Type 97 MG, Nambu Type 2A, M3 Grease Gun
Weapons, Gadgets, and Specialisations
- Adjustments to hitmarker-kill and headshot-kill sounds.
- Fixed an issue in Battlefield 5 where the Flamethrower would not deal direct hit damage to targets in the caves, and deal only light splash damage.
- We have also fixed a similar issue where the Flamethrower could deal direct hit damage to targets who were directly pressed against the other side of a wall.
- Flamethrowers will no longer cause soldiers to get thrown around when they are killed by it.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent gadget pick-ups from respawning if a player that had the pick-up would leave the server.
- Increased Fliegerfaust’s projectile lifespan to 3s from 1.5s (meaning that the projectile will now travel up to 600m instead of 300m).
- The Fliegerfaust now fires 2 salvos of rockets instead of 3 and the delay between bursts has been increased accordingly.
- Somewhat reduced how close to the airplane a Fliegerfaust projectile needs to be in order to detonate. This means players will have to correctly predict plane trajectories and be more accurate inorder to deal consistent high damage to a plane.
- To compensate for the less lenient distance detonation, the grouping consistency of the Fliegerfaust bursts has been increased to still allow players to be effective if they can predict plane trajectories and correctly lead the projectiles.
- Reduced Fliegerfaust’s accuracy when hip-firing.
- Fixed an issue where the hint messaging suggested that the player needed to Aim Down Sights in order to fire the Fliegerfaust.
- Added the missing 2x scope to the M1 Garand, and ensured that the iconic ping sound when ejecting a clip can now be heard by all close by players.
- Added a Bayonet to the M1 Garand spec tree.
- Fixed the “falling bullet” that would appear when switching to the RSC from a sidearm
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes incorrectly show a stick of dynamite in the players hand while vaulting.
- Fixed an exploit involving bandages in Battlefield 5.
- Players are now able to build Fortifications right after building another Fortification that is blocked from spawning.
- Fixed a visual bug that would occur when using the inspect weapon feature on a sidearm.
- Improved LOD’s for weapons using skins when viewed from a third person perspective.
- Fixed the VGO´s grip during the end of round screen.
- Fixed an issue where the position of the VFX would stop updating if entering and exiting a vehicle whilst holding the repair torch.
- Increased max instances for repair sparks to avoid VFX disappearing when spamming the effect.
- Improved how soldiers are holding the Madsen MG on the end of round screen.
- Improved how the soldier holds the Type 100 when viewed in first person.
- Fixed shadow inconsistency with the Type 100 Bi-pod.
- Improved the behavior of the Sticky Grenade and Dynamite. Players should find that these objects stick in far more predictable manners, especially when throwing through windows and near walls. We are still aware of an issue where the stick position does not always perfectly align between client and server, and the projectiles may be corrected by the server shortly after it’s placed to ensure that the client is displaying it in its proper position.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from throwing ammo or health pouches to teammates while being in an open vehicle seat.
- Players can now use bandages and ammo pouches while having the reinforcement binoculars active. Previously the pouches would leave the binoculars in a weird state that wouldn’t let players call in reinforcements.
- The Jäger skin is now properly applied to the M28 extended magazine.
- The Katana now has the same colored pattern on the handle across all camera perspectives.
- Japanese soldiers now use Kunai throwing knives instead of the regular ones used by other factions.
- Fixed a small visual glitch that would allow players to look inside the Breda M1935’s barrel from above.
- The Night Owl handguard skin no longer blocks the Selbstlader 1906 ́s Iron Sight.
- The Bayonet icon will no longer show after the user has been revived without having the bayonet equipped on the primary weapon.
- Adjusted the Grenade throwback timing in Battlefield 5 to match the throwback animation that’s played.
- Grenade throwbacks have now a bit more force which allows the grenade to be thrown further away from yourself.
- S Mines now use a 2 wire, trip-wire detonation setup instead of using a proximity detonation. When placed, two wires will connect to a nearby surface perpendicular to the player position when placed (left and right). This allows players to more effectively deny an area as the wire can trigger the mine from further away than what the previous S Mine would allow with the proximity detonation. However, this also means S Mines are now a bit easier to see.
- Adjusted S Mine detonation damage, the bomb can now 1 hit kill a full health soldier if they stand directly at the position of the mine. We feel comfortable making this change as the tripwires make S Mines far more visually obvious, and should prevent their abuse as hidden dangers and better fulfill their purpose of blocking routes.
- Fixed the missing death sounds in Battlefield 5 when getting killed by a vehicle MG as a soldier on foot.
- Fixed several cases where the game sound would be almost completely muted for a moment after dying in a way where the man-down state was skipped.
- Further reduced the friendly soldier movement sound compared to enemies.
- Improved the directionality of footsteps and adjusted their distance filtering to be more natural.
- Further iterative adjustments to various elements in the mix to help expected sound to come through in the mix during high intensity gameplay.
- Added themed End-Of-Round music, based on which faction has won the match (Pacific levels only)
- Fixed an issue where the hitmarker kill sound would not reliably play.
- Fixed an issue in Battlefield 5 where indoor weapon sounds would not correctly differentiate between differently spaced, non-destructible environments. Now especially in locations like the Iwo Jima tunnels and the underground in Operation Underground there will be an audible difference to weapons fire from other players based on how open and reflective the space is.
- Wooden supply canisters now make wooden sound effects when hitting the ground instead of metallic sounds.
PC Specific Improvements
- Fixed a bug in Battlefield 5 that would cause soldiers to not have the correct lighting and appear to stand in darkness on certain AMD cards running DX12.
- Underground – Added RTX reflections on water reflections.
- Performance improvements related to audio logic.
Xbox Specific Improvements
- Fixed the short freeze that could happen when pressing the Xbox Home button.
- Fixed a bug in Battlefield 5 related to sliding and using the alternative “Soldier Buttons” gamepad layout.
PlayStation 4-Specific Improvements
- Fixed an elusive bug that would sometimes cause the game to crash if set to Arabic localization.
- Fixed a bug related to sliding and using the alternative “Soldier Buttons” gamepad layout.
I remind you that EA and DICE’s Battlefield 5 released on November 20, 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.