With the release of Pokemon Sword and Shield, players are discovering all the new evolutions of different Pokemon. One of the interesting ones that have gained the attention of the players is the Galarian Yamask. This Pokemon Sword and Shield Yamask Locations will give you all the information you need to catch this Pokemon.
Pokemon Sword and Shield Yamask Locations
In this guide, we will explain all the locations of Yamask, how to catch and evolve them, and its strengths and weaknesses. The Galarian forms of Pokemon are exclusive to sword and shield and can only be found in the Galar Region.
Yamask can only be found in Overworld spawns i.e it will be visible in-game.
|Route 6||All Weather (Lv. 29-33)||35%|
Yamask does not spawn in non-overworld locations (tall grass).
Yamask has the following abilities in Pokemon Sword and Shield:
- Mummy: Contact with the Pokemon changes the attacker’s Ability to Mummy.
- Wandering Spirit (Galarian Yamask ability): The Pokemon exchanges Abilities with a Pokemon that hits it with a move that makes direct contact.
How to Catch Yamask
Head to the Yamask spawn locations and try to spot it. If you spot them, they can easily be caught. If one does not appear, leave the area and re-enter it and try again. Engage and knock out the Pokemon to catch it.
Simple and Galarian Yamask both have one evolution, which are listed below:
- Simple Yamask evolves into Cofagrigus at Level 34.
- To evolve Galarian Yamask, you must have 49+ damage on Yamask and walk under stone sculpture in Dusty Bowl Wild Area.
Yamask Strengths and Weaknesses
The simple Yamask is weak against ghost and dark type pokemon whereas it is strong against poison and bug type. It is immune to normal and fighting type pokemon.
Galarian Yamask is ground and ghost type pokemon, meaning it is weak against water, grass, ice and dark type pokemon. It is strong against rock, bug, and poison. It is immune against normal, electric and fighting type pokemon.
They are stronger against the following Pokemon:
- Tyranitar a rock and dark type pokemon.
- Silvally a normal type pokemon.
- Snorlax a normal type pokemon.
- Rhyperior a ground type pokemon.
- Golisopod a bug and water type pokemon.
Yamask show weakness against the following pokemon:
- Hydreigon a dark and dragon type pokemon.
- Gyarados a water and flying type pokemon.
- Miliotic a water type pokemon.
- Vanilluxe an ice type pokemon