While The Outer Worlds from Obsidian Entertainment is better than the Fallout series when it comes to bugs and fixes, the game does need some patches and updates to be fully polished. Obsidian is aware of this fact and they have been releasing updates and patches for The Outer Worlds.
Now, the latest Update version 1.1 is live and Obsidian has released the patch notes too with the update. The two main things the latest update fixes are:
- The game crashing at a specific point when the player has reached Tartarus has been resolved
- Toggle to increase the font size (found in the UI tab under Settings). Increases font for conversation text, cinematic subtitles, bark subtitles, and terminal text.
The crashing issue was widely reported by the community and has been fixed finally. The font size on the other hand was also a much needed fix. More fixes include the Muffled sound issue on PlayStation and some quest fixes. Here are the complete patch notes for the Update 1.1.:
- Players will no longer experience muffled sounds when playing on the PlayStation 4
- The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced and no longer incorrectly uses the level multiplier as an exponent instead of a multiplier and will no longer do 10s of thousands of points of damage at a higher level. Now deals the damage it should have been dealing all along
- Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship in order to un-botch the quests, unless the death occurred prior to unlocking the companion quest
- Fix for “Radio Free Monarch” where issues would happen when talking to Nayoka while having SAM in your party
- Foliage on the Xbox One now has parity with the foliage on PlayStation 4
- The achievement/trophy for “It’s Not the Best Choice” will pop correctly
Needless to say, if you want do download the latest update. All you need to do is boot up your console and it should start the download. If you are on PC, and playing the game, you may have to restart your digital platform (like Windows Game Store or Xbox Gamepass store) to get the update.
Keep in mind that this is a hotfix patch for The Outer Worlds and addresses the the most demanding community issues. We can expect a full fledged patch for other less common issues in the near future.