In Pokemon Sword and Shield, you’ll be given three distinctive Pokemon Sword and Shield Starters, each having its own type; Grass, Fire, Water. The type system helps you in choosing your Pokemon, as in any case which ever starter you pick, it will be superiors to one and inferior to the other. The Starter Pokemons you’ll choose from are Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble.
Just like previous Pokemon games, Sword and Shield also present players with a choice of three starter Pokemon when they start the game. In this guide, we will discuss these starter Pokemon so players have an idea of which ones to pick based on their playstyle.
Sword and Shield Starter Pokemon and Evolutions
These starter Pokemon options include Grooky, Scorbunny, and Sobble. They are further classified to three different types as:
- Grookey: A Grass-type
- Scorbunny: A Fire-type
- Sobble: A Water-type
This is a traditional Pokemon classification, this grass, fire or water type means that regardless of which pokemon you choose, it will be strong against one type and weak against the other two.
Below we have added additional detail for Pokemon Sword and Shield Starter Pokemon, their types, attacks, and evolutions.
Grookey is a Grass-type pokemon. It is a chimp pokemon full of boundless curiosity.
- Grookey holds a stick which is originated from a branch from the forest where its troops live. But now it is not just a simple branch. It has some special powers after it was exposed to the energy from Grookey’s body.
- Grookey’s green fur can also give energy to plants as it creates energy from sunlight. When Grookey drums with its stick, plants and flowers regain their colors.
Grookey’s Evolution Chain
Grookey’s final form is probably the coolest one out of all three, it evolves from its normal state to Thwackey, at level 16 and then evolves into its Final form which is at level 35, known as Rillaboom. It’s a pretty good-looking art design in general
Scorbunny is a Fire-type pokemon. It is a Rabbit pokemon and always running and bursting with energy.
- Scorbunny is an always running rabbit, so it has really strong legs. Its always running around which makes its enemies confused and disoriented. With all this running, its feet get really hot and it can kick its opponents with them.
- Scobunny has a fire sac in its chest, this contains a vicious fire energy. Scorbunny can run very fast and increase its body temperature and heart rate. This will unleash its fire energy and increase its physical capabilities.
Scorbunny’s Final Evolution Chain
At level 16, Scorbunny evolves into Raboot, and at level 35 it changes into its Final form which is Cinderace.
Scorbunny’s final form is also human like and it’s not clear whether it’s going to be a fighting type Pokemon evolution or not.
This one is a water type pokemon. It is a timid lizard type pokemon that shoots out attacks as it hides in water.
- Sobble can change body color and pattern when it touches water and will blend into its surroundings very easily.
- It’s a bit timid and if it gets nervous it will simply secrete water from its body and blend into the surroundings and disappear.
- Sobble’s tears are as potent as 100 onions and can make anyone cry.
- If it anyhow feels threatened it will start secreting tears all around the area and will make everyone cry
Sobble’s Final Evolution Chain
Sobble evolves into Drizzile at level 16, then into Inteleon at level 35.
Many fans are disappointed by Sobble’s final form, due to the drastic change in its attitude (From being shy to quite confident) and art design. Sobble ends up being a more human-like Pokemon