A new update is now available in PlayerUnknown’s Battleground, bringing fixes on consoles along with new aesthetics for PCG 2019. The PUBG Update 1.27 is exclusive to Playstation 4 and Xbox One, with the latter getting a bigger update due to technical difficulties. After the scheduled maintenance, the PUBG servers are back online, including all new changes.
The only changes you’ll actually get to see when you log in to PUBG after update 1.27 is the new lobby background art and music. The Global Championship for PUBG is now underway and its developer studio knows how to spice things up and get players hyped for the procedure.
Apart from the aesthetic changes, the new update brings fixes to character models, textures icons. This is a performance patch, ensuring the stability of the current build. Note that the patch notes below are available only on consoles:
PUBG Update 1.27 Patch Notes
- Added updated lobby background and music in celebration of PGC 2019.
- Season 5 lobby and music will return after PGC 2019.
- Fixed an issue where the lock icon is incorrectly displayed for private Custom Match rooms
- Fixed an issue where the weather setting of all Custom Match rooms are displayed as ‘Sunny’
- Fixed an issue where a character would sometimes teleport in the early phase
- Fixed an issue where a Mirado skin is applied over the Gold Mirado
- Fixed an issue where a character’s mouth is glitched when holding a throwable item
- Fixed an issue where a character’s modeling is incorrectly displayed when wearing certain jackets with PLAYERUNKNOWN’s Bandana
- Fixed an issue where a female character’s net is glitched when wearing Erangel Biker Jacket with Longsleeved Turtleneck
- Fixed an issue where textures and icons of some items added in the October update are incorrectly displayed
- Fixed an issue where players sometimes get matched into the wrong region
PC has also received a new patch for PUBG, Update 5.2. One of its biggest features is the introduction of PUBG Labs, an experimental area to test and give feedback on the latest content. You can access it through the Play function inside the game.
In addition, Vikendi has been revamped, in order to make it a sniper area by terraforming the landscape and clearing up some space to make it more suitable for long-distance combat.
As for PCG 2019, the semifinals will take place tomorrow, on November 15th. You’ll be able to watch the grand finals next week on November 23rd. Here are the links to watch the games live: