Update 1.07 is now available in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, bringing new content and much-awaited changes to Infinity Ward’s latest title. We knew that such a patch would drop soon but we get more than what we expected along with it.
Latest Modern Warfare update includes new maps for Ground War and Multiplayer as well as a new mode. In addition, balance changes have been applied to weapons and bugs have been dealt with. Quick and efficient, Infinity Ward proves that releasing new updates doesn’t have to take weeks.
Modern Warfare Update 1.07 New Maps and Mode
The latest patch in Modern Warfare introduces two new maps, Krovnik Farmland for Ground War and Shoot House for Multiplayer. To top that, Shoot House 24/7 is now available for everyone to play. As the studio confirms, all this new content won’t be put inside a paywall and is available on all platforms now.
Modern Warfare Update 1.07 General Fixes
Taking into account all known issues present in the game right now, Infinity Ward adds fixes across all segments. Whether it’s a bug or a minor rebalance to ensure player satisfaction, the patch notes list has something new:
- Backend fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms, include dev errors, and various performance fixes.
- Fix for a few bugs where some streaks and Field Upgrades were able to be flown out of bounds without penalty. General out of bound fixes were also added.
- Fix for a bug where a player being killed by an enemy with a Variable Zoom Scope would not see the zoom function in the killcam
- Fix for the Semtex warning audio being heard at the same volume whether in a building or outside
- In Headquarters, players were able to place a Tac Insert and respawn when their team owned the point. This has been fixed.
- Fix for various collision issues across maps
- Added UI that shows when XP events are active in playlists menus
- Sprint and Tactical Sprint speeds are now back to speeds in Beta
- Fix for a bug where the progress of the bomb defusal can be seen by the team that planted the bomb
- Fix for a bug that revealed players to UAVs when they fired their weapons, even if they had Ghost and a silencer equipped
- Fixed an issue where if multiple Personal Radars were active on a team, and are both marking the same enemy, only one player would see the enemy on their minimap.
Riot Shield: Fixed an issue where the throwing knife and Thermite weren’t causing the shield to go on the player’s back when thrown. We’ve also fixed the issue where explosive splash damage wasn’t working consistently. We’ll continue to tune the Riot Shield in future updates.
Claymores: Detonating an enemy claymore with bullets is now non-lethal when at full health. We’ve also reduced the trigger and damage radius and also reduced the damage width to better match the trigger width.
Battle Chatter: Removed the ability for enemies to hear when they’ve been called out by the opposing team. We also adjusted the enemy callouts so they are never from your Operator. Enemy callouts now use a more restricted cone at the hip and even more restricted in ADS when calculating whether or not to trigger. We’ll continue to monitor this and make additional tweaks to Battle Chatter in future updates.
Mounting: Slight increase to recoil while mounting.
Perks: E.O.D. now clamps damage to a non-lethal amount, assuming the player is at full health
Lighting: Continued updates to player visibility in dark windows and dark areas.
Footsteps: We’ve increased the occlusion percentage to filter footstep sounds behind geometry and adjusted the footstep volume at a distance. We have another large footstep change coming in the next update which will make crouch and ADS movement significantly quieter. Stay tuned!
Modern Warfare Update 1.07 Progression Fixes
Apart from general gameplay though, progression is getting a few bug fixes. In addition, the time for a player to score a kill after reload has been increased, since players didn’t get enough:
- Fix for a bug where the Infiltrator challenge was not tracking properly
- Fix for launchers not giving XP when shooting down killstreaks
- Fix for a bug where planting or defusing 5 bombs in Cyber Attack or SnD was not tracking properly
- Camo challenge for “Kills After a Reload” didn’t give the player enough time to acquire a kill, so time has been increased
- Fix for a bug where your XP require to reach the next rank was higher than the value needed
Modern Warfare Update 1.07 Weapon Rebalancing
Let’s move to the interesting part of the new update. Several different weapons are getting a rebalance, including the infamous 725 Shotgun, which was too overpowered in the previous build. We expected a nerf to drop this week and we’re glad to see it introduced so fast:
- 725 Shotgun: Increase to ADS and Hip Spread, reduced damage range
- M4A1 Assault Rifle: Reduced damage range, small recoil increase
- Assault Rifles: Increased hip spread to reduce effectiveness up close, less damage at long range for full auto 5.56 rifles
- SMGs: Increased move speed, increased ADS move speed, small reduction in sprint out time
- UZI SMG: Increased damage range
- MG34 LMG: Increased hip spread, damage range reduction, small ADS slow down
- M91 LMG: Increased hip spread, small damage range reduction
- PKM: Increased hip spread, medium damage range reduction
- Pistols: Increased move speed, reduced sprint out time, increased damage range
- Crouch and Prone no longer adjust recoil
Call of Duty League: Updated rulesets for CDL competitive modes in private match
Cyber Attack: Fix for a bug where a player could use lose their primary weapon and would be unable to see their viewmodel after being revived by a teammate
- Fix for a bug where players would sometimes be unable to pick a spawn location
- Fix for a bug where a Tac Insert could cause players to spawn on the enemy home base
Pick up Intel! – In the Operations, explore Verdansk to find additional backstory information of Verdansk and the Operators.
- Fix for scoreboards displaying incorrect data
- XP adjustments and general backend fixes
- Various fixes for out of bounds and parachute exploits
- Respawn timer no longer stays on screen after teammates are revived from bleedout
- Fix for issue where the Munitions were not usable after respawning via Gunship
- Fix for losing your weapons when picking up the core
- Achievements can now be unlocked in CP
- Fix for issue where players could spawn with their weapons in the downed state
- Picked up Munitions no longer carry over from match to match. Only the Munitions you purchase with points will.
- When respawning via the Gunship, you will no longer be given the Tank role
- Selecting an Allegiance Operator or Allegiance as a favorite faction will now properly assign the voice of the correct operator
Operation Headhunter: Fix for a bug where players are not able to lock missiles onto the final boss helicopter
Operation Crosswind: Adjusted stealth for gameplay
- Fix for a bug where there was no UI or indicator of where to go or how to finish the objective after defending the 3rd arms crate
- Fix for a bug where the default weapon was different than the weapon a player would hold if they were placed in Last Stand
This is everything included in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Update 1.07. A new season will begin in December and will launch with its own Battle Pass, as Activision confirmed during their recent earnings call. As the company reveals, the latest Call of Duty title is off to an “exceptional” start and Infinity Ward will continue providing constant support to issues and add new content to the game apart from the Battle Pass.