In Death Stranding, Sam has access to Safe house or his own Private Room. Inside this private room, he has all the basic amenities to keep him alive and also some special accessories to prepare him for his assignments further ahead. In this guide, we will explain all the basic features of the Safe House in Death Stranding and how you can use them to your benefit.
Death Stranding Private Room ‘Safe House’
This personal hub of Sam Bridges can be accessed in between the missions. You can access this safe room through Bridges’ distribution facilities or you can also go into the safe houses that are built in your world by other players. All the safe houses will have almost the same functionality and facilities.
Overlay of the Private Room
In the safe house, you will see equipment like Sam’s backpack and accessories. There will also be an access terminal that will give you the information about your next expedition. There are leisure items here as well like the bed, shower, toilet and things to keep Sam entertained. Here are all the things that Sam can access and do in the private room along with an explanation:
Shower and Toilet
There is an encased toilet and shower in the room that can refresh Sam and in addition to that Sam has a place to urinate, from that a red liquid is collected that indicates the hematuria caused by fatigue. From that, a blue liquid can be generated that will be used for some survival purposes. Water and other things collected from his shower can be converted to ammo for anti-BT weapons.
Wash Basin is to clean if Sam has a dirty face. In addition to that, you can prompt Sam to make funny faces and can take a picture while he is standing in front of the mirror. A good picture can boost a positive rating for Sam.
Taking a rest on a bed in the safe house will replenish all the status gauges for Sam. Plus, whenever he sleeps 500ml of blood is collected from his automatically and placed in a private box.
Next to Sam’s bed is a table, this table holds his cap, sunglasses, drinks and a jar of cryptobytes. As you progress through the story of Death Stranding, the safe house table will keep changing.
There is a display of figures behind the bed, it shows all the enemies that Sam has encountered throughout the game so far.
This is a big shelf in the safe house that holds many things including Sam’s weapons and other equipment, here is the list:
- Grenade Shelf – It has all the grenades to use against enemy factions such a terrorists and mules.
- Weapon Shelf – It holds the guns and rifles, which include Anti-BT handgun, Bola gun and assault Rifle.
- Blood Grenade shelf – It holds the grenades used against BT Gazers and Catchers.
- BB Terminal – It holds the BB for Sam in a container, Sam can interact with it and increase intimacy.
- Equipment Shelf – It has Sam’s expedition suit, backpack and traveling boots.
Terminal, as the name implies, is the terminal for all the information about the game. It has a map of the game world, mission progress, events witnessed and online activity. Here are the things:
- Mail – First and foremost thing that terminal give access to is for player to access the email service and send and receive emails from non-player characters encountered during the game. You will see stars against the name of every character, it shows Sam’s intimacy level with them.
- Order Requests – It shows the progress of orders received and also the list of those completed.
- System – it gives access to player data to save, load and tweak game settings.
- Data Archive – It allows player to access the information related to events happened in the game and also includes a list of gameplay tips.
- Music Player – It’s a music player for Sam to freshen up his mood by listening to some music. New tracks will keep unlocking as you progress through the game.
- Bridge Link – It allow player to analyze their relationship with other characters in the game. There is a feature called ‘Strand Contract’ that let players forge bonds with each other to grow stronger together.
- Room Color – It is another aesthetic feature that allow Sam to change room color according his likings.
Fragile Jump Terminal
This terminal gives the functionality of fast travel to Sam. Its name is because it is developed by Fragile Express.