Fortnitemares is back just in time for Halloween. In the latest Fortnite update 2.42, bringing festive new content, the Storm King LTM and, of course, new cosmetics. Stay with us as we go over what the new update includes as well as the minor patch notes from Epic Games.
The Fortnitemares event comes back again this year, as the first update to Chapter 2. Apart from the appropriate limited-time event, you’ll find new costumes and cosmetics on the store, new challenges and more:
Fortnite Fortnitemares Update
- Storm King LTM: New limited-time mode now available for squads
- Soccer Zombie Outfits
- Storm King Fist Pickaxe
- Cryptic Curse Bundle: Includes the Wrath Outfit and Time Keeper Back Bling, which you receive instantly along with more challenges to complete for loot
- Final Reckoning Pack: includes the Catrina Outfit, the Mourning Glory Back Bling, the Willow Outfit, Dolly Back Bling, the Blacklight Outfit, and Indigo Wings Back Bling
- Part Nicknanames for everyone on your friend list
- Combine playlist mode
- Gun fright community mode
Apart from the new content for Fortnite Fortnitemares, Update 11.10 brings much-needed balances to the battle royale mode. Epic Games hasn’t yet uploaded the list of official patch notes on their website. Here are the complete patch notes, as stated on the studio’s Trello board:
Fortnite Patch Notes 11.10
- Mission Challenges incorrectly display 14,000 XP.
- Controller input not working properly for Friends search.
- Players with “Auto Pick Up Weapon” enabled can automatically pick up the Bandage Bazooka even if only one inventory slot is available.
- Pickaxing player-built structures falsely indicated that it gives materials.
- Editing a style in the Locker after making an Item Shop purchase may cause controller controls to lock.
- DBNO teammates cannot be revived or picked up if they’re in contact with corn stalks.
- Explosive objects don’t have a Visualize Sound Effect indicator.
- Not receiving credit for the Gunk Ops Achievement.
- The storm appears to cover the entire map before its ‘Delay Time’ is over.
This is pretty much everything you need to know about the Fortnite Fortnitemares update. The current build will be available for a month and it’s the perfect time for you to score in some wins and complete your Battle Pass too.
If you need help with the new map locations and the Battle Pass, make sure to check our guides.