Overwatch 2 Leak Shows It Will Be Presented At BlizzCon 2019

BlizzCon 2019 is just around the corner and it seems that we already have the most important details of a game that could be one of its biggest surprises. What we mean is that sources report that one of the announcements that Blizzard will make in the event will be the sequel to Overwatch 2 and revealed its most important details.

According to several ESPN sources, one of the announcements that Blizzard will make at BlizzCon 2019 will be Overwatch 2. This sequel will be a first-person shooter like its predecessor, but it will have several novelties, among which a PvP mode stands out, and they will also present a 4 player story mission that takes place in Rio de Janeiro.

While the focus of the game will be in its PvE mode, Overwatch 2 will also have an important PvP component just like its predecessor. In fact, the source indicates that it will present a new competitive mode called Push, which will be presented next to a map that will take us to Toronto, Canada.

According to the source, both the PvE mode and the Overwatch 2 PvP can be tested at BlizzCon 2019. If true, we will soon have impressions about the changes. Finally, the document notes that it is also revealed that Echo will be revealed as the next hero in the Overwatch universe.

That said, at the moment it is not clear if it will reach Overwatch or we will have to wait for its sequel to be able to use it. It is important to note that, for the moment, Blizzard has not commented on it. So, we recommend that you take this information with a grain of salt and wait for BlizzCon 2019 before taking it for granted.

I remind you that BlizzCon 2019 will be held on November 1 and 2 at the Anaheim Convention Center in California, United States. In other news, Nintendo and Blizzard Entertainment have strengthened relationships in recent times. The launch of Diablo III: Eternal Collection was the prelude to the arrival of one of the most popular games of the generation, Overwatch.

Overwatch: Legendary Edition was officially announced on a Nintendo Direct, although it had already been previously talked about. A few days after its announcement, Wes Yanagi, producer of the game, said that the port took them a whole year to develop.

Speaking to the Australian portal Vooks, the producer has commented that the work of moving Overwatch to Nintendo Switch began just over a year ago. According to Yanagi, the set-up was complicated because it is a video game that evolves over time.

Overwatch’s adaptation to Nintendo Switch was announced just a month ago, but the reality is that Blizzard had been exploring the idea for a long time. How much time, exactly? Well, since the console arrived in stores, neither more nor less. Jeff Kaplan, director of the game, made the following statement in an interview with The Verge.

Literally the day the Switch came out, we were thinking about it. I remember immediately talking to people around the office saying, ‘What would it take for us to be here?’ It took some time for that to happen. We started by porting Diablo III to the Switch late last year, and work on a portable version of Overwatch started a little over a year ago. The final version will be launching on Nintendo’s tablet on October 15th. And, like everything we do, we wanted to do it right.

Overwatch will arrive on Nintendo Switch on October 15, although with some limitations.